Papa's Homemade Mashed Potatoes. Homemade Mashed Potatoes You Can Savor Everyday. A simple mashed potato recipe calls for potatoes, milk, butter, salt, and pepper. You can also sneak in some veggies like spinach or carrots into your mashed potato dish, and still maintain its delightfulness.
Presenting…my all-time favorite mashed potatoes recipe. These homemade mashed potatoes are perfectly rich and creamy, full of great flavor, easy to make, and always a crowd fave. Follow this recipe for perfect homemade mashed potatoes. You can have Papa's Homemade Mashed Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Papa's Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- Prepare 5 lbs of Yukon Gold Potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of Lite/Heavy cream (sub milk as desired).
- You need 1 tsp of Tony's.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of softened or melted butter.
Take a look at the tips and variations for lighter versions and some additional flavor ideas. The key to the best homemade mashed potatoes is not in the butter, milk, or seasonings. It's all about the potatoes you choose and the way you mash. Creamy mashed potatoes with butter, heavy cream, melted cheese and roasted peppers.
Papa's Homemade Mashed Potatoes instructions
- Peel and cube all of the potatoes.
- Fill pot 3/4 with cold tap water, add salt & crab boil to taste.
- Boil cut potatoes until fork.
- Drain potatoes and place in large bowl.
- Add all dry ingredients.
- Add softened butter and cream/milk.
- Mash all ingredients together and serve.
Move over beans and rice, you've got competition. I love creating homemade face scrubs, clean eating recipes, and everything else homemade! Mashed potatoes make a fantastic side dish, and they're fairly easy to make from scratch in your own home! A basic mashed potato recipe only calls for potatoes, butter, cream, and salt and pepper. You can make them even more decadent by.