Papa Rellena (stuffed Potato- Peruvian Style). Papa Rellena is a classic Peruvian dish of mashed potato stuffed with a savoury beef filling. And they even look like little potatoes! Peruvian stuffed potatoes, or papa rellena, are mashed potatoes that are shaped around a center of seasoned ground beef and then fried golden brown.
This vegetarian recipe replaceds the beef filling with eggplant. The papa rellena is basically the Latin American version of potato croquettes and just about every Latin American country has their own version. Cover and let rest while you make the fillng and assemble the papas relleñas. You can have Papa Rellena (stuffed Potato- Peruvian Style) using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Papa Rellena (stuffed Potato- Peruvian Style)
- Prepare 1 kg of Potatoes.
- Prepare 200 grams of Yucca.
- You need 2 of Onions finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic.
- You need 350 grams of Beef chopped or ground.
- It’s 2 of Tomatoes finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Salt.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Black Pepper.
- It’s 100 grams of Olives chopped.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs – hard boiled.
- It’s 1 of as needed Flour.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 dash of Oregano.
- It’s 1 of as needed Oil for frying.
Beef Filling Start by hard-boiling two eggs. Once that process is started, heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. this is a very traditional main course from peruvian cuisine and one of my favorite dishes, i copy paste this recipe from http It must have an oval shape. Flour croquettes and set them aside. Repeat this process with the rest of potato.
Papa Rellena (stuffed Potato- Peruvian Style) step by step
- Boil the potatoes with the yucca, until done. While hot peel them and press, using the potato presser. Season it with salt and pepper. Set it aside until the stuffing is ready!.
- In a medium-high heat pan cook the onions and garlic until tender. Add the tomatoes. When done add the meat previously season with salt, pepper and paprika. The meat is going to release its juices, don't let it dry up. You want to have a moist stuffing. Sprinkle oregano..
- When the meat is cooked add the olive and the hard boil eggs cut in small pieces. Mix them all together and you have your stuffing ready..
- Grab some potato to make like a tortilla. Use the flour to help you form it in your hand. Put one or two spoons of meat in the center and close it carefully with out breaking it..
- In a plate beat the two eggs and put some flour in another plate. Pass the potato first rolling it in the flour, then the beaten eggs and again in flour..
- Heat up the oil and when hot fry the potato until brown. When ready, pat dry them and serve hot. You can serve it with a salsa criolla. (You can find the recipe in my profile).
Heat oil in a medium size pan and fry papa rellena until golden. Papa rellena means "stuffed potato", and it basically is mashed potato stuffed with minced beef, raisins, olives, and hard-boiled egg, and It can be made either with Peruvian yellow potatoes, or with regular white potatoes, and some people add yucca to achieve that perfectly creamy-but-structured. Peruvian-style Papa Rellenas are traditionally stuffed with seasoned ground beef, black olives, raisins, aji panca, and hard boiled eggs. if you're ever in socal, stop by Porto's Bakery. they got a bunch of these kinds of stuffed fried potato things and they'll make you cream your pants and slap. tags: deep-fry, onion, Papa Rellena, Peruvian Cuisine, Quinoa, Salsa Criolla, stuffed potato, Vegan, Vegetarian. I grew up with a variety of different foods, but one of my favorites was Papa Rellena: a mashed potato shell stuffed with ground beef, hard-boiled egg, olives and raisins sautéed with. Papa Rellena is a classic Peruvian dish of mashed potato stuffed with a savoury beef filling.