Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa). Ground beef, mashed potatoes, tomatoes, and Chilean cheese are combined to create this Latin American comfort food. Chilean Potato Pie (Pastel de Papas). Pastelon de Platano Maduro (Dominican-Style Yellow Plantain Pie).
Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa). potatoes•Cream cheese•ground beef•Smoked Cooked Ham, chopped•of Bacon, cut the name small strips•green pepper•onion•Sofrito (the recipe is in my profile). Pastelón de Papas (Potatoes and Beef Casserole). Layers of creamy mashed potatoes, stuffed with juicy beef, and lots of melted cheese. You can have Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa) using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa)
- It’s of Potatoes.
- Prepare 4 lb of potatoes.
- It’s 4 oz of Cream cheese.
- You need of Meat.
- You need 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Smoked Cooked Ham, chopped.
- You need 1/2 packages of of Bacon, cut the name small strips.
- You need 1 small of green pepper.
- It’s 1/2 medium of onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sofrito (the recipe is in my profile).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro.
- You need 1 of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
This is a comparatively easy recipe to make. The most important trick is that the filling does not get too dry, but neither so moist that the pie becomes a soup. Debido a que sofrito es un estilo de cocina y no técnicamente un plato, hay muchas recetas diferentes. Se extienden en color, textura y nivel de la especia, que es influenciado típicamente por la región en la cual se hace.
Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa) instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400..
- Chop the onion, pepper & cilantro.
- On the stove, Put it on a pan and add the onions, peppers, smoked ham, bacon, cilantro, sofrito, olive oil, and fry for some seconds, until the onion is glossy..
- Add the beef, salt & pepper to the pan and cook..
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in small squares, add plenty salt to the water and boil..
- When the potatoes are done, mash them, add the cream cheese and add 2 tablespoons of the grease from the cooked meat and mix it very well. (You can add more or less grease from the meat.).
- In a greased pan, put one half of the potatoes on the bottom, put a level of meat on top and them add the rest of the potatoes..
- Beat the egg and pour it on top..
- Add the cheeses..
- Put it in the oven until golden..
- Wait it to cool a little, cut and serve!.
Pastelon de Papa (Elisa's Potato Meat Pie). Now as you can imagine, Pastelon de Papas does differ from regular Shepherd's Pie in a variety of different ways. If you like to see a step-by-step tutorial on how to Make Pastelon de Papas Dominican Style Shepherd's Pie, feel free to visit my YouTube Channel: Chef Zee Cooks. Pastelon de Papas is an amazing Meat and Potatoes dish.