Veldt Grape (Adamant Creeper) Chutney. Pirandai (Cissus quadrangularis) is known as Veldt Grape, Devil's Backbone and Adamant Creeper in English. It is known as Hadjod in Hindi. Veldt grape, whose botanical name is Cissus quadrangularis is a climbing plant in grape's family.
Veld Grape Cissus quadrangularis, is nutrient dense herb support for Bones health, Menstruation Cramps, Heart Health, Immunity, Dental Care The plant has got several common names including Devil's Backbone, Adamant Creeper, Pirandai, Veldt Grape, asthisamharaka, hadjod, pirandai. Pirandai is also known as Veldt grape or adamant creeper. Its believed to strengthen the bones and joints in Siddha and Ayurveda. You can have Veldt Grape (Adamant Creeper) Chutney using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Veldt Grape (Adamant Creeper) Chutney
- Prepare 1/4 cup of veldt grape (adamant creeper).
- You need 3 of dry chillies.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded coconut.
- You need 1 tbsp of skinned black gram.
- You need 1 of small gooseberry size tamarind.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 4 sprigs of curry leaves.
- You need 3 tsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of urad dal.
So do not use the bottom parts / segments of the vine even though they look inviting. As the creeper has rough edges, always apply oil to hands while handling it to. Name of Adamant creeper in different languages:- English: Bonesetter, Devil's Backbone, Veldt Grape. In ancient time the adamant creeper or Bone setter had been used in Ayurveda to heal broken bones, it can increase the bone mass and accelerate the fracture healing rate, and also used.
Veldt Grape (Adamant Creeper) Chutney instructions
- Wash, peel and chop veldt grape into small pieces. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan on a medium heat. Add black gram,dry chilli,tamarind and curry leaves and saute for a minute or two. Keep aside.Let it cool..
- In the same pan add chopped veldt grape and saute until tender. Keep aside..
- Grind dal mixture,veldt grape and shredded coconut to a smooth chutney. Season it with mustard seeds and urad dal. Chutney is ready to serve with idli,dosa or hot steamed rice..
Veldt grape adds more calcium when consumed regularly. It is used as a supplement to heal damaged or broken bones. This herb has the ability to stimulate growth of strong bones. Veldt grape contains ascorbic acids, also called as vitamin C, helps to strengthen your immune system. DevilÕs Backbone, Adamant Creeper, and Pirandai, Veldt Grape or Cissus quadrangularis.