Ela ada / rice steam cake with coconut jaggery filling. Ella Ada Recipe-Steamed Rice Pancakes With Coconut & Jaggery Filling. Ella Ada is an Indian sweet and traditional Kerala delicacy, consisting of rice parcels encased in a dough made of rice flour, with fresh coconut and jaggery fillings, steamed in banana leaf and served as an evening snack. The time to stop would be when you can easily peel off the leaf from the ada, it would come out neatly without leaving any stains on the ada.
Can I steam them in aluminium foil instead of ela? You can skip the Ghee to make it. 'Ela Ada' is a commonly used malayalam word for steamed soft rice cakes prepared using banana leaf jackets and is filled usually with coconut and jaggery with a touch of cumin powder or cardamom powder. It is prepared either as breakfast or as snack. You can have Ela ada / rice steam cake with coconut jaggery filling using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ela ada / rice steam cake with coconut jaggery filling
- You need 1 cup of rice flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ghee.
- Prepare 1 cup of Grated cocnut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Jaggery.
- It’s 3 pods of cardmom crushed.
- It’s 8 of Banana leaves cut pieces.
These days we get ready made ones in the. Now arrange all the adas in an idly plate and steam cook in a pressure pan or you can use steamer or idly pot. Do not put the weight/whistle for the pressure pan. To make ela ada, steamed rice pancake, first make the jaggery filling.
Ela ada / rice steam cake with coconut jaggery filling instructions
- In a vessel put the water to boil and once it starts boiling start putting the rice flour slowly giving it a good stir. Make sure that no lumps are formed add the ghee and switch off the flame. Keep it covered for 3 minutes..
- Roll the dough when it is still hot and ensure it is of smooth consistency and no lumps are there.
- Meanwhile melt the jaggery in a pan add the Grated coconut and cardmom powder and let it thicken a bit.
- Wet your palm and press the dough to the banana leaf forming a big oval Shape and put the filling in the middle.
- Close the leaf and using an idli steamer steam it for 10 – 15min until done.
- Cut into pieces as per your liking.
Combine the jaggery and ¼ cup of water in a broad non-stick, mix well and Here, we have shown the Ela Ada with coconut and jaggery stuffing. On special occasions like Onam, it may also be made with a stuffing of sweetened. Ada or Ela Ada (Ilai Ada), is an Indian sweet and traditional Kerala delicacy, consisting of rice parcels encased in a dough made of rice flour, with sweet fillings, steamed in banana leaf. The filing can be made with coconut jaggery puran or we can use jackfruit jaggery puran. In this recipe I have used.