Brown lentil soup – shorbet adass. Such a Lebanese staple during the fall and. Home » Recipes » Lentil Soup (Shorbet Adas). For my family, and for many, lentil soup means winter.
Lebanese Lentil Soup is a staple soup in my family – it features several times in my menu over winter. Shorbet Adas which literally translates to 'Soup Lentil' has so many things going for it; it's tasty, kids and adults Dice brown onion, carrots, celery, garlic into small pieces and chop up parsley. Lebanese lentil soup also named "Shorbet al hamed", is a brown lentil soup with bright lemony notes. You can cook Brown lentil soup – shorbet adass using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brown lentil soup – shorbet adass
- It’s 2 cups of brown lentils, washed and drained.
- Prepare 3 of medium onions, cut into small cubes.
- You need 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare of For serving (optional).
- You need 1 loaf of pita bread, roasted.
- You need 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
This deep earthy-flavoured soup brought to life with the freshness of lime and coriander, is much more interesting than the more popular Red Lentil Soup. In the pressure cooker, heat the oil and add the crushed garlic and chopped onions. Cook until translucent but not browned. Red Lentil Soup known as "Shorbet Ads Masri" is a staple dish in Egypt actually it is a staple in many arabic countries.
Brown lentil soup – shorbet adass step by step
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, put the lentils and onions with 9 cups of water..
- Stir lentils and onions from time to time. When the water starts to boil, lower the heat and cover the saucepan. Leave to cook for 40 min..
- When lentils are cooked, add in the salt, cumin and black pepper and stir. Remove pan from heat..
- Pour the lentil and onion mixture in a food processor and blend until you get a smooth and thick mixture..
- Pour back the mixture in the saucepan. Put on medium heat. Stir the ingredients while adding the olive oil and leave it to simmer for 5 more minutes..
- Serve the lentil soup immediately..
- A tasty addition to this delicious soup would be a squeeze of lemon and some roasted pita bread pieces that you sprinkle on top of the soup once it's served..
- Note: Depending on the type of lentils, you might need more or less water to cook. Small-sized lentils require more water..
Every restaurant had this lentil soup in their menu. This soup has been such a saviour my whole trip especially for my little one. I was looking for some healthy alternative for my son. Amazing soup with a surprisingly meaty texture and beautiful color. I've tried the Baghdadi variation – and I A dear friend of mine gave me this recipe.