Brown lentil and spinach soup – adas bi hamod. Lebanese Lentil Soup (Brown lentils). طريقة تحضير شوربة العدس بحامض Swiss chard with lentils and lemon soup, Lebanese Adas bi hamod. Timings vary depending on your appliance. On the hob: Empty soup into pan.
All Reviews for Adas bil Hamod (Lebanese Lentil Lemon Soup). i couldn't wait to try this recipe on my husband who happens to be Lebanese. I browned a whole large onion,we love onions, added fresh spinach and fresh lemon. at first the lemon over powered the soup but after adding more water it. Lebanese Lentil Soup with Chard (Adas bil hamod). You can cook Brown lentil and spinach soup – adas bi hamod using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brown lentil and spinach soup – adas bi hamod
- Prepare 1 kg of spinach, shredded.
- You need 1 cup of brown lentils.
- Prepare 1 of medium potato, peeled and cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions, chopped.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Brown lentils make a good base for this soup as they don't mush very easily and can handle being cooked for longer amounts of time. If you used for example spinach, it would dominate the dish. Swiss chard is definitely underrated in cooking and. Visually speaking, the soup is a feast for the eyes; Adas bhamod is made of lentils, dark leafy Swiss chard, onions, potato and cilantro.
Brown lentil and spinach soup – adas bi hamod step by step
- In a pot, boil the lentils with 6 to 7 cups of water over medium heat for about 40 min..
- Meanwhile, put the oil in a small pan over medium heat and fry the onion and garlic for 5 min or until they become golden in color..
- When the lentils are cooked, add the onion and garlic mixture, potato cubes, spinach, salt and 4 cups of water and stir..
- Cover the pot and leave on medium heat for 40 min or until the potato and spinach are well cooked. Add the lemon juice after removing from heat..
- Serve hot..
- Note: Depending on the type of lentils, you might need more or less water to cook. Small-sized lentils require more water..
I appreciate how incredibly Adas Bil Hamod is nutrient-rich and flavorful! A healthy veggie and a protein packed soup. and an excellent source of vitamins A, K and C. This Lebanese vegetarian/vegan soup is a meal on its own! You can eat it in winter, served warm, or in summer, served at room temperature or cold. In this recipe we usually use the brown lentils but you can use also the green or the Puy lentils.