Yellow lentil soup – shorbet adass asfar. This is an absolutely amazing soup to make. This Lebanese yellow lentil soup is a family favorite year-round. It is so warm, delicious and kid-friendly.
They should fall apart and the result is a creamy, slightly lumpy soup. Shorbet Adas – Lebanese Lentil Soup the is accidentally vegan. Shorbet Adas which literally translates to 'Soup Lentil' has so many things going for it; it's tasty, kids and adults love it, it's full of protein and vitamins, it's perfect for a crunchy Use red lentils, you can mix it with yellow lentils. You can have Yellow lentil soup – shorbet adass asfar using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yellow lentil soup – shorbet adass asfar
- Prepare 2 cups of yellow lentils, washed and drained.
- You need 1/4 cup of white rice, washed and drained.
- It’s 1 of small potato, peeled and cut into cubes.
- You need 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of – For serving: optional.
- You need 1 loaf of pita bread, roasted.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
This lentil soup recipe brings out the flavor of lentils combined with sour taste of lemon. In Ramadan, lentil soup is to be served almost every day for a whole month on Iftar (breaking the fast) tables. It's the official soup of Ramadan for Palestinians and Mid-Easterns who celebrate the holy. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat.
Yellow lentil soup – shorbet adass asfar instructions
- In a saucepan, put the lentils, potato cubes, rice and 8 cups of water. Allow to boil on high heat for around 40 min..
- Strain and reserve the cooking water..
- Put the lentil, rice and potato mixture in a food processor and blend while gradually adding some of the reserved water until you get a smooth, soup-like consistency..
- In a skillet, fry the onion with the vegetable oil until golden and soft..
- Pour the soup in a cooking pot on medium heat and add the fried onions, cumin, and salt. Stir for 5 min until soup thickens..
- Finally, pour the soup in a deep bowl and garnish with fresh parsley..
- A tasty addition to this delicious soup would be a squeeze of lemon and some roasted pita bread pieces that you sprinkle on top of the soup once it's served..
- Note: Depending on the type of lentils, you might need more or less water to cook. Small-sized lentils require more water..
Sambhar Vada (Yellow Lentil Soup With Spiced Doughnuts). Thankful to God for all his blessings! Red Lentil Soup known as "Shorbet Ads Masri" is a staple dish in Egypt actually it is a staple in many arabic countries. Every restaurant had this lentil soup in their menu. This soup has been such a saviour my whole trip especially for my little one.