5-minute Ambrosia salad. This delicious Ambrosia Salad is so easy to make and always a big hit with kids and adults alike! Made in just one bowl, this classic dessert salad is the perfection addition to your next gathering! During last-minute menu planning, I often include this classic ambrosia salad recipe because I keep the ingredients on hand.
Who says you're not ready for a last minute invitation? Ambrosia salad is better when it's made ahead — just wait to add the marshmallows and pecans until a few hours before serving. This ambrosia salad with cool whip is just the tip of the iceberg with our upcoming fruit salad features. (update: Watergate salad is now live, do not miss this Ambrosia Fruit Salad with Cool Whip. You can have 5-minute Ambrosia salad using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 5-minute Ambrosia salad
- It’s 8 ounces of thawed cool whip.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Greek or regular yogurt (I used honey flavored Greek).
- You need 1 cup of maraschino cherries halved.
- Prepare 1-11 ounce of can of mandarin oranges.
- You need 1-8 ounce of can crushed or tidbit pineapple.
- You need 1.5 cups of mini marshmallows regular or fruit flavored.
What I love about this recipe is that it's minutes, I mean minutes, until its done! I think it can be so stressful. Dessert salads like Ambrosia salad were often on the menu, but never on my plate. Oh, was I ever missing out.
5-minute Ambrosia salad instructions
- Mix yogurt and cool whip..
- Fold in pineapple, cherry halves, and marshmallows.
- Last add in the mandarin oranges as they tend to break easier. Chill for an hour before serving. Holds up to 3 days in the fridge. I serve mine with a side of graham crackers..
Sour Cream — This ingredient is key for. Ambrosia, or Ambrosia Salad, is a variation on a traditional fruit salad that's become a classic Southern recipe that's usually served at Thanksgiving or Christmas. As an adult with a new-found love for ambrosia fruit salad, I wish I'd caught on to this heavenly salad (aptly named "ambrosia". Ambrosia Salad is filled with mandarin oranges, pineapple, maraschino cherries, coconut, and marshmallows and mixed in a fluffy cool whip! Quick and easy side dish that can be made in minutes with ingredients that are on hand!