Turkish Red Cabbage Salad. Wash, drain and place in a service plate. Pour the sauce on top and mix well. This salad will taste even better if you let it rest for another half hour.
But as soon as you slice through it, the most wonderful patterns of purple, blue and white appear. Colorful, crisp red cabbage is tossed with a delightful oil and vinegar dressing. Red Cabbage Salad II. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. red cabbage salad with freshly chopped dill. You can have Turkish Red Cabbage Salad using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Turkish Red Cabbage Salad
- It’s of For the salad:.
- Prepare 1/2 of small red cabbage, cored and very finely sliced.
- You need 1 of large tomato, chopped into small cubes.
- You need 1/4 of cucumber, a couple of strips shaved with a veg peeler, then quartered lengthways and thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of small carrot, coarsley grated.
- It’s 1 of small red onion, peeled, halved and finely sliced.
- You need 1 of small bunch parsley, half finely chopped and the other half roughly chopped.
- It’s of For the dressing:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of red wine vinegar (add 2, then taste to see if it needs a little more.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried mint.
- You need of Good pinch of salt.
- You need 1 of heaped tsp sumac.
How do you like the look of that? Doesn’t it look fresh, healthy and just plain appetising? I find that this salad goes down well with friends and family alike. It’s great with fish and meat dishes too.
Turkish Red Cabbage Salad instructions
- In a small jug, stir all the dressing ingredients together (except for the sumac) and leave to one side..
- In a large bowl or plate, pile up the sliced red cabbage and using your hands, mix in some of the finely chopped parsley..
- In a separate bowl, gently mix together the carrot, tomatoes, onion and cucumber. Then add this to the top of the red cabbage pile..
- Pour over the dressing (mainly around the red cabbage) and a little over the top. Refrigerate for an hour before serving..
- To serve, sprinkle the salad with the sumac and the roughly chopped parsley..
- Add some additional cucumber slices and lemon quarters for decoration (optional)..
Purple Cabbage Salad Recipe Red Cabbage Coleslaw Pickled Red Cabbage Cabbage Salad Recipes Cooking Recipes Healthy Recipes Healthy Turkish Lamb Pide. ‘Pide’ sounds like a fancy word,isn’t it ? Well this is nothing but a kind of Turkish pizza. Along with other different varieties of. A different take on a cabbage side dish, this Red Cabbage Salad combines crunchy, sweet, tangy and salty for an unexpectedly different salad. This red cabbage salad and a green salad with a creamy blue cheese buttermilk dressing are served together as a duo along with garlic cheese bread.