Persian Adas Polo(lentil and rice). How to make adas polo (lentils rice) at home in easy steps. Adas polo, lentils rice (adaspolo) persian reciep.for more detail click. A delicious and hearty Iranian dish made of aromatic basmati rice, lentils, caramelized onion, raisins, and spices.
Iranians use raisins in Adas Polo to moderate the taste and make it more nutritious. Also, they believe that the combination of rice and lentils with raisins will provide a good balance of food for your body to maintain its health. How to serve Persian Rice with Lentils? You can have Persian Adas Polo(lentil and rice) using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Persian Adas Polo(lentil and rice)
- It’s 2 cups of rice.
- You need 1 cup of lentil.
- It’s 2 of medium onions.
- Prepare 1/2 of tea spoon saffron.
- Prepare 200 g of minced beef.
- It’s 100 g of raisins.
- Prepare 2-3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of potato.
- You need of salt, pepper, cinnamon.
Pour Adas Polo in a large serving bowl. You can decorate it with meatballs, fried onions, raisins, and dates. And of course, don't forget to take the Tahdig out of the bottom of the pot and taste its crispiness while it's still hot. Enjoy it with a side of yogurt, or fresh herb.
Persian Adas Polo(lentil and rice) step by step
- Boil 3 cups of water add salt and rice, keep boiling till rice is almost soft but a bit hard inside. drain the rice..
- Put saffron in a small bowl with a little hot water leave in a warm place till it gives all the color and taste to water..
- Boil the lentil with a little water until it's almost soft. Add some fried onion to lentil..
- Peel and fry the onions until it is gold. Add half of it to lentil and keep the other half for the top..
- Fry the minced beef with the crushed garlic. Add salt, pepper cinnamon and 3 tea spoons of liquid saffron.
- Wash and fry the raisins with a little oil for 2-3 minutes..
- Pour some oil in a pot and heat it. Peel and slice the potato, put them at the bottom of the pot..
- Mix the rice and lentil in the pot..
- Cover the pot with a clean kitchen towel. Steam the rice for 30-40 minutes in low fire..
- Add 4 spoons of rice and lentil to the liquid saffron.Put the rice in a dish and design it with the fried onion, meat, yellow saffron rice and raisins..
Rice and lentils served with delicious beef and raisins make the perfect healthy meal! I know you will get excited too. You can make many delicious Persian dishes using ingredients that you have in your pantry right now. Adas Polo – Persian lentil rice is one of those. A traditional Iranian rice and lentil polow (pilaf) is cooked with a crusty, delicious layer of rice on the bottom.