Plantain Pradhaman (payasam). Plantain Kheer also called as Nenthrapazha Pradhaman in Kerala or Nenthrapazham Payasam in Tamilnadu is a desert from Kerala made with ripe plantain. Pazham Pradhaman is one of the popular payasams (Kerala dessert) served with the traditional Kerala Sadhya or feast. Here is the recipe of an easy pazham payasam made from ripe plantains.
Put this in preasure cooker with water. Palada Pradhaman Payasam-Kerala Ada Pradhaman-Onam Special Recipes. Ada Pradhaman is traditionally prepared with coconut milk and jaggery. You can cook Plantain Pradhaman (payasam) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Plantain Pradhaman (payasam)
- Prepare 2 cups of plantains Ripe smashed-2 cups.
- Prepare 200 gms of Ada.
- You need 500 gms of molasses.
- Prepare 4 cups of coconut grated.
- Prepare 50 gms of cashews.
- It’s 50 gms of kismis.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger cardamom , powdered.
- You need 1/4 cup of ghee.
Specially the ripe plantain(a variety of banana) which gets more tasty when it is steamed. Our recipe has nothing to do with steamed bananas, I have a special payasam for you guys today. Palada Pradhaman is a dessert item served in Onam feast. Learn how to make Palada Prathaman Palada Pradhaman.
Plantain Pradhaman (payasam) step by step
- Cook the ada in water adding a tsp of ghee and strain out and keep aside..
- Dissolve the molasses in boiling water,filter and keep aside..
- Saute the smashed plantains with a spoon full of ghee and a cup of molasses,till it is cooked soft. Extract milk from the coconut adding hot water or crushing.There should be 2 cups of first extract and 2 cups of second extract..
- Fry the cashews and kismis in balance ghee and keep aside.
- Boil the molasses,add the cooked ada and continue stirring for15 minutes till the ada is well blended with the molasses.Add the plantains cooked as above continue stirring. Add the second extract of coconut milk.Continue stirring,till everything is blended.Add the fried cashews and kismis along with the ghee used for frying. Add the final extract of milk,followed by the powdered spices.Mix well. Boil for a few more minutes. Take off from the stove.Yummy payasam is ready.Serve hot or cold..
Onam, the harvest festival of Malayalees, is celebrated with great enthusiasm. Vahrehvah , tasty recipe by Sanjay Thumma,Know Ada pradhaman is a very popular Malabar dish and is specially made during the traditional Onam festival. Palada Pradhaman, Kerala Palada Pradhaman Recipe, Palada Payasam. The only Payasam he never had was Palada Pradhaman. Chakka Pradhaman for Vishu Sadya (Jackfruit Pradhaman).