Taco Salad. Easy Healthy Taco Salad Recipe With Ground Beef – If you're looking for how to make an easy taco salad recipe, try this low carb, healthy taco salad with ground beef. My kids and husband ate their taco salad with the tortilla chips but I had mine with just lettuce tomatoes a tablespoon of reduced fat sour cream and. Taco Salad is crispy, crunchy and colorful!
It doesn't take much to make a satisfying meal and this simple salad is. A taco salad is a Tex-Mex dish that combines ingredients used in Tex-Mex tacos. The salad is served with a fried flour tortilla shell stuffed with shredded iceberg lettuce and topped with diced tomatoes, shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole. You can have Taco Salad using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Taco Salad
- It’s 1 lb. of Taco meat your favorite.
- You need 2 of corn tortillas fried.
- Prepare of Cabbage thinly sliced.
- You need of Tomato.
- It’s of Avocado.
- It’s of Sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream.
This Taco Salad recipe is made with ground beef, chopped lettuce and all your favorite toppings, including nacho-flavored Doritos tortilla chips! This Taco Salad recipe is the absolute best! Taco Salad is a great and easy side dish to bring to your next cookout, party, or potluck, or even to just serve for dinner! One of the greatest strains on my marriage is my husband's complete and utter lack.
Taco Salad instructions
- Cook the taco meat. My preference whether beef/chicken/pork/turkey is cumin heavy and spicy. When I make it out ground turkey I mix the spices in a food processor with oil, apple cider vinegar and taco bell mild sauce. Then I mix that into the turkey and let sit in the fridge for a minimum of an hour. When cooking I have the skillet on medium high to keep from getting that weird juicy white fat stuff and also use a can of green chilies..
- Fry the corn tortillas.
- Slice the cabbage, tomatoes and avocados. I used cabbage in place of lettuce to make this more of a hearty dish plus I like the flavor combo. Also with it being extra filling you can skip refried beans, saving some dishes to do on a weeknight is also great!.
- Load the bowl with the cabbage then top with the taco meat. This will lightly soften the cabbage. Load up the rest of the toppings and don't forget the fried tortilla on the side..
What makes this taco salad so darn good is that it holds up to even the most elaborate restaurant taco salads. That's because we thought of all the small-but-worth-it upgrades — like tossing cilantro in with. Like all salad recipes, this one is great to play with. Swap in the veggies you have on hand or adjust the toppings to make something you really love. This delicious Turkey Taco Salad is perfect to meal prep, to make ahead for lunch for the week!