Matzo Meal-Puff Pancakes adapted from the Settlement Cookbook-1965. My mother-in-law Wendy shows us how to make Matzo Latkes – pancakes using matzo meal. And matzo meal is basically matzo, which is a flat cracker that's been all ground up into really small pieces to be like a flour. Be the first to review this recipe.
You could probably categorize it as an omelet too but it really ends up looking more like one of those puffy apple pancakes. And for me, the taste evokes only happy memories of my Grandma with her thick glasses. The Best Matzo Meal Recipes on Yummly You can cook Matzo Meal-Puff Pancakes adapted from the Settlement Cookbook-1965 using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Matzo Meal-Puff Pancakes adapted from the Settlement Cookbook-1965
- You need 1/4 cup of Matzo Meal.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 of eggs, separated.
Chipotle Pork With Potato Pancakes, Matzo Ball Soup, Matzo Meal Pancakes. Matzo Meal Pancakes and Soy Sauce EggsThe Heritage Cookbook Project. The Festival of Freedom marks the liberation of Isreal from Egyptian bondage. Here is a recipe for Passover pancakes made from matzo meal from Simple Jewish Cookery by Edna Beilenson.
Matzo Meal-Puff Pancakes adapted from the Settlement Cookbook-1965 instructions
- Pour water on matzo meal, add salt..
- Beat the egg yolks very light, add to the meal mixture, let stand 5 minutes..
- Beat egg whites very stiff, fold lightly into the yolk mixture..
- Drop mixture by spoonfuls in small cakes on hot, greased skillet..
- Turn when brown..
- Brown on other side..
- Serve with sugar, jelly or preserves..
- To hear griddle or skillet between pancakes, it is convenient to keep melted butter or other fat in a cup and brush griddle with a pastry brush..
Mix all the ingredients together except the oil and maple syrup. Matzo meal is much heavier than regular flour. No matter – they still taste great with a bit of maple syrup. Mix the dry ingredients (matzo meal, sugar, salt) together. Add milk to dry ingredients and stir well.