Potato Kugel (pareve) Adapted From California Kosher Cookbook 20. This kosher recipe for dairy-free (pareve) potato kugel made with potatoes, onions, and eggs is a classic. It can be eaten with a meat or dairy meal. My mom's potato kugel is perfection.
It also is a traditional Passover recipe. Many families have their own version that they swear by, but this original version is the building block for all those variatio. A kosher-for-Passover potato casserole that is also a Shabbat and holiday favorite! You can have Potato Kugel (pareve) Adapted From California Kosher Cookbook 20 using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato Kugel (pareve) Adapted From California Kosher Cookbook 20
- It’s 8 of medium Idaho potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- You need 6 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of White pepper.
- Prepare 7-8 tablespoons of Matzoh meal.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
My grandmother made the most incredible potato kugel. It was crispy and moist, and, as the grandchildren got older, we used to help her make it. I have been eating potato kugel all my life – take it from me, this one is the absolute best. Carefully but quickly add the potato mixture, smoothing it out so that it is as even as possible.
Potato Kugel (pareve) Adapted From California Kosher Cookbook 20 instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease an 8×11 pan with nonstick vegetable spray and line with parchment.
- Grate potatoes. Drain liquid.
- Grate onions and carrots and add to potatoes.
- Beat eggs and add to potato mixture.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add matzoh meal and mix well.
- Bake 30 min at 400°F.
- Reduce temperature to 350 f, sprinkle w/paprika and bake for 30-40 minutes longer..
Rebbetzin Esther Winner and Helen Zegerman Schwimmer. And especially, within the realm of potato kugel, tensions tend to run high. Kugel-eaters can be pretty adamant, and much like a Southerner takes personal pride in his grits or fried chicken, so too Ashkenazim take their potato kugel rather seriously. Basically, potato kugel is potatoes, onions, and eggs at their very best. Overnight Potato Kugel My mother is horrified that I use a food processor for my potato kugel.