Lemon Ginger Chicken Salad.
Ingredients of Lemon Ginger Chicken Salad
- It’s of Crock Pot.
- Prepare 6 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon pepper seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of whole mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of celery seed.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of thyme leaves.
- You need 1/4 tsp of tarragon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried lemon peel.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth or stock.
- Prepare of Salad mix.
- Prepare 1 (32 oz) of tub of 2% Greek yogurt.
- It’s 2 of celery hearts, chopped.
- You need 2 cups of shredded carrot.
- It’s 3/4 of of a red onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of reduced sugar craisins.
- It’s 2 of green bell peppers, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated fresh ginger.
- It’s 1 cup of lemon vinaigrette (I used the T. Marzetti simply dressed brand, though homemade would work as well).
- It’s 2 cups of chopped walnuts or pecans (optional).
Lemon Ginger Chicken Salad step by step
- Combine crock pot ingredients and cook on low until chicken shreds easily. Shred the chicken in the crock pot, remove bay leaves, then take off of heat and let cool down some while remaining covered. Preserve some of the crock pot liquid in shredded chicken to prevent salad from coming out dry (leave like half a cup’s worth in the shredded chicken). Take cooled, shredded chicken in crock pot and store in fridge for an hour for additional cooling..
- Combine salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until vegetables are thoroughly coated. Combine salad mix into the crock pot with the chicken and stir until completely mixed. Put finished salad into refrigerator and chill..
- Serve by itself or use it for sandwiches. Recipe can be halved for smaller portions..