Apple Sauce Cake from Rumford's Complete Cookbook -1934, adapte. See recipes for Vegan Spiced Applesauce Cake, Applesauce Cake too. The cake looked nice on display after we removed the ring from the springform pan.) The Rumford complete cookbook by Lily Haxworth Wallace. This is a cake my mom used to make when I was growing up.
Remove the cake from the oven, and run a butter knife or offset spatula around the edge of the cake pan. This applesauce cake recipe comes straight from the cookbook Prep: The Essential College Cookbook by This really is the perfect starter cookbook! It's all about helping students cook real meals with real food. You can have Apple Sauce Cake from Rumford's Complete Cookbook -1934, adapte using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Sauce Cake from Rumford's Complete Cookbook -1934, adapte
- You need 1 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of allspice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 tbsp of cocoa.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 cup of applesauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped raisins (OPTIONAL).
Serve applesauce cake as an afternoon snack or evening dessert. Either way, a cup of coffee or tea alongside makes a cozy fall treat. Lift the cake from the pan using the parchment and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Frost with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with some walnuts, if you.
Apple Sauce Cake from Rumford's Complete Cookbook -1934, adapte step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together all dry ingredients EXCEPT SUGAR, set aside..
- Beat the butter and sugar together, add the eggs, then the apple sauce, and lastly the rest of the dry ingredients..
- Beat very thoroughly and bake in a moderate oven (350) for 45 minutes..
- If liked, a cup of chopped seeded raisins may be added to the cake batter..
Cinnamon Applesauce Cake is delicious any time of day for any occasion. It is a go-to fall dessert, but since you are using jarred applesauce and pantry To make this Applesauce Cake recipe extra light and fluffy, be sure to cream the wet ingredients before gently folding in the flour until just combined. Applesauce keeps baked goods moist and adds sweetness and real fruit flavor, but helps keep fat and calories low. These easy applesauce cake Delish editors handpick every product we feature. Applesauce cake is a dessert cake prepared using apple sauce, flour and sugar as primary ingredients.