Whole Wheat pastry (pie crust) adapted from The Great American P. Homemade Apple Pie Recipe With Whole Wheat Pie Crust – Healthy Recipes By Nutralite. Whole Wheat Puff Pastry Dough / Pasta Sfoglia Integrale. Whole wheat flour makes this flaky crust especially tender, with the nutty, toasted aroma of whole wheat bread.
This crust, made with white whole wheat flour, looks and acts just like its all-purpose cousin – but comes with all of the nutritional benefits that whole wheat I learned to make the perfect pie from the ever-knowledgeable Susan Reid, editor of our new magazine, Sift. She's pretty masterful, so if you're. Using whole wheat flour only gives your pie crust a darker brown color and a rich, nutty taste. You can have Whole Wheat pastry (pie crust) adapted from The Great American P using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat pastry (pie crust) adapted from The Great American P
- You need 2 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 dash of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar (optional).
- Prepare 1/3-1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 6 tbsp of vodka or ice water.
- It’s 1 of egg if necessary.
If you are not familiar with the taste and want to gradually make the transition to whole wheat flour, use equal quantities of plain flour and whole wheat What is white whole wheat pastry flour? I wanted to use whole wheat flour for my pie crust. I am trying to cut out white flour as much as possible. The problem with regular wheat flour from the store is it is quite corse.
Whole Wheat pastry (pie crust) adapted from The Great American P instructions
- Mix flour, salt, and sugar (if desired) together in a bowl..
- Blend in oil, the ice water, mixing with a fork until it forms a ball.. If pastry is to crumbly, you may want to add 1 beaten egg..
- I (LEAH) definitely needed the egg..
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions, and form each onto a ball..
- Roll dough out onto lightly floured surface.
- Note: Lard, butter or shortening may be used in place of the oil, but this makes the dough harder to work with. Decrease flour to 2 cups if you use a solid rather than a liquid fat..
- Note: Whole wheat pastry is more difficult to work with, so you may want to master other pastry recipes before working with this one..
This does not make a tender, flaky crust. My solution is to use whole wheat pastry flour. This nutty whole-wheat pie crust recipe is a perfect base for fruit pie fillings and quiches. Sprouted Whole Wheat – A Nourishing Choice. Like whole wheat flour, whole wheat pastry flour too is a whole grain flour meaning that whole wheat-berries are milled to obtain the flour.