Roasted butternut squash & brussel sprout salad. Roasted butternut squash with garlic is a quick and easy side dish ready in less than an hour for a Nutritional Information. Roasted Butternut Squash is delicious enough to eat on its own as a side, or can be used as a starting point for recipes like Butternut Squash Soup or salads. Easy roasted butternut squash recipe with cinnamon, brown sugar and a little cayenne.
Plus, how to select a butternut squash and lots of recommendations for butternut squash recipes. What does butternut squash taste like? Butternut squash is fairly similar in flavor to sweet potato, but a bit more tender when roasted. You can have Roasted butternut squash & brussel sprout salad using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted butternut squash & brussel sprout salad
- You need 10 of brussel sprouts.
- Prepare 1 of med butternut squash.
- Prepare 1 cup of toasted pumpkin seeds (I used pine nuts).
- It’s 1 of small red onion thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of small package of goat cheese.
- You need 1 cup of golden raisins.
- Prepare 1 package of mixed greens (or your favorite lettuce).
It's slightly nutty and has also been compared to pumpkin, carrot. Roasted butternut squash is simple to make and full of flavor. We usually make it with savory seasonings but you can also make butternut squash with warm spices like cinnamon or nutmeg. For a simple roasted butternut squash you don't need much.
Roasted butternut squash & brussel sprout salad step by step
- Pull the outer layers of the brussel sprouts and put into the bowl. When you get to the center of the brussel, cut into thin slices and also add to the bowl..
- Add your mixed greens.
- Peel the outside of your butternut squash and dice into small pieces. Toss in a little bit of oil and salt and pepper..
- Roast in a 375 ° oven for 25-30 mins or until soft..
- Toss all your remaining ingredients into the bowl. Add your favorite dressing (I use a homemade maple balsamic which I will post soon).
- Top with goat cheese and enjoy..
Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe. Fresh herbs and seasoning set off the sweetness of the butternut squash in this recipe. This roasted butternut squash soup is an easy, heart-warming and comforting recipe for the fall/winter. It's smooth and creamy but is actually dairy-free! Recipes developed by Vered DeLeeuw, CNC Nutritionally reviewed by Roasted butternut squash – crispy and caramelized on the outside, soft and buttery on the inside.