Adai dosa. Adai recipe – Adai is a healthy, protein rich & nutrient dense Breakfast made of mixed lentils & spices. In this video we will see how to make adai dosa in tamil. Adai dosa recipe is very famous in the states of Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
Adai is a Dosa-like dish prepared from a combination of lentils and rice. It's very healthy, wholesome, crispy, delicious, protein rich Breakfast recipe! Adai dosa -Tamilnadu special Dosa made with a combination of mixed lentils and rice. You can have Adai dosa using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Adai dosa
- It’s of raw rice.
- You need of chana dal/split chick peas.
- Prepare of urad/black gram.
- It’s of toor dal.
- You need of fenugreek seeds.
- It’s of moong dal/split green gram.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of finely chopped onion.
- It’s of grated carrot.
- Prepare of chillies finely chopped.
- Prepare of chopped coriander leaves.
- Prepare of Ghee/oil to make dosas.
Since Adai dosa has a lot of Dal, the batter gets fermented very quickly when compared to the regular ones. Adai dosa- A savory pancake made with rice and mixed lentil. Adai can be thick like uttapam or like a medium thick dosa, again the thickness depends on your preference. My daughter like to have it like. adai dosa can be prepared quickly, it doesn't need fermentation and a long wait of overnight just requires soaking. adai dosa is much heavier and thicker than normal dosa. quick South-Indian style.
Adai dosa instructions
- Wash and clean lentils/dal and rice together soak it overnight. Morning drain the water add little ginger, cumin seeds, salt, and grind to smooth paste.
- Chop the onion finely, grate the carrot, chop green chilies and coriander leaves finely and keeps aside ready.
- Now heat dosa pan on a medium flame spread the batter, little thicker than regular dosas..spread toppings, chopped onion, carrots, chilies, coriander leaves over dosa press gently, sprinkle some ghee on top of dosa..cook both sides serve with chutney..
Checkout Adai Dosa Recipe with step by step Pictures – A Healthy, Delicious and Protein Packed Dosa Made with Lentils and Spices. This Adai Dosa Recipe is a speciality from Tamilnadu. To make adai dosa, start with washing and soaking all ingredients in water; except oil, salt, curry leaves and asafoetida or hing. Water should be just above the lentils rice and chillies. Adai dosa is a different kind of dosa, a healthy and delicious breakfast idea.