Shorbet adas (lentil soup). Soup is my favorite thing to eat for lunch or dinner. THIS soup recipe is so easy it's foolproof. Red lentil soup is amazing every time you make it.
I remembered my mom's Shorbet Adas – Mediterranean Red Lentil Soup. I knew what I needed to do; call mom. I was expecting she'd say I needed broth (since I of course didn't have any) so I was already running scenarios in my head of how I could convince my husband to make a quick run to the. You can have Shorbet adas (lentil soup) using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shorbet adas (lentil soup)
- You need of yello lentils.
- It’s of rice.
- It’s of celery.
- It’s of carrot.
- Prepare of big onion.
- It’s of Turmeric, red chilli powder and salt for taste.
- Prepare of green chillies.
In Ramadan, lentil soup is to be served almost every day for a whole month on Iftar (breaking the fast) tables. It's the official soup of Ramadan for Palestinians and Mid-Easterns who celebrate the holy month. Amazing soup with a surprisingly meaty texture and beautiful color. I've tried the Baghdadi variation – and I can't imagine the other ones being anything less than marvelous.
Shorbet adas (lentil soup) instructions
- Soak the lentils and wash it several times to get rid of bubbles. In a pot fry onions and wait until little golden not too brown though. Add turmeric, red chillis and salt. Add sliced celery and carrot and it stir it..
- Bring it to boil. Once the lentils are completely cook. Put in to the blender and blend it. Garnish with fresh parsley, sprinkle little sumac and serve it with a sliced lemon.
This is THE lentil soup recipe I use now. This Lebanese lentil soup recipe is a favorite in Lebanon for breaking the fast during Ramadan. It's delicious and easy to make with simple ingredients. This soup recipe comes from Lebanon and was shared with me by Marie, a friend who used to write a great website but has since retired it. Lebanese Lentil Soup Recipe (Shorbet Adas).