Chettinad Adai/ lentils Chilla. Chettinad (also known as Chettinadu) is a region located mainly in the Sivaganga district historically ruled by Ramnad kingdom of Pandya Nadu and has a small portion extending into the Pudukottai District of Chola Nadu in Tamil Nadu, India. The name literally means "land (nadu) of the Chettiars". Recipe for Chettinad style Kara adai recipe.
Unlike dosa and Appam, the batter does not need. She got this recipe from a keeper at the famous Athangudi tiles factory in the chettinad region. Its a very interesting recipe and the addition of tamarind and fennel seed heightens the flavor of the kara adai. You can cook Chettinad Adai/ lentils Chilla using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chettinad Adai/ lentils Chilla
- It’s of big bowl rice.
- Prepare of tuvar dal.
- Prepare of chana dal.
- Prepare of moong dal.
- Prepare of urad dal.
- You need of red chilllies.
- Prepare of pepper and jeera,.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of onions sliced and coriander leaves.
- Prepare of garlic pods or 1 inch ginger.
Chettinad Kara Adai Recipe, Spicy Adai Dosai Recipe. shorts#Breakfastrecipes#breakfastideas#dinnerrecipes#chett#adaiavial#dosaIrecipes Enjoy this delicious Adai with Avial or. The first time I had these Adai/Lentil Dosa was at my friend Upsi's place. Her mother had prepared it for evening snack along with Peanut Chutney and I remember tasting them and being floored. Of course, I did get the recipe from her, but not before being extolled the virtues of these special Dosas.
Chettinad Adai/ lentils Chilla instructions
- Soak all pulses and rice overnight. Add red chillies too. Generally 3 or 4hrs soaking is enough but I am making it for breakfast. So soaked in night..
- Next day grind to a smooth batter add onions, coriander leaves mix well and put a ladle of batter on hot tawa and spread. Make small holes n pour oil. This will make the Adai or chilla evenly cooked..
- Once it is brown flip and cook the otherside. Once done remove and serve it with avial or ginger chutney or any chutney..
Chettinad cuisine is something that if you try once you will be hooked to it provided you eat spicy food. I always liked chettinad recipes but now a days I am too much into it so after Chettinad Egg Curry it's time for some Chettinad Prawn Curry aka. Adai(Thick) dosa recipe or lentil pancakes is a high protein low carb recipe. These vegan lentil pancakes are easy to make it on the same day. To make adai dosa recipe we need to soak the lentils,rice and chilli for a minimum of three hours and grind it into a coarse paste with a pinch of hing.