Ela ada with banana filling. Take some dough and roll it in your palm to form small balls. Steamed in banana leaf and served as an breakfast/evening snack. Ada or Ela Ada (Ilai Ada), is an Indian sweet and traditional Kerala delicacy, consisting of rice parcels encased in a dough made of rice flour, with sweet fillings, steamed in banana leaf.
It is prepared either as breakfast or as snack. These days we get ready made ones in the. Ela Ada, a traditional Kerala delicacy, is rice-flour parcels, encased in a dough made of rice flour, with sweet fillings, steamed in banana leaf and served as an evening snack or as part of breakfast. You can cook Ela ada with banana filling using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ela ada with banana filling
- It’s of Rice flour.
- It’s of shredded coconut.
- It’s of jaggery.
- Prepare of cardmoms.
- It’s of kerala Banana.
- You need of Water.
- It’s of Salt.
Grated coconut and rice flour are the two main ingredients. The simplicity and taste of this dish is accentuated. Learn how to make Ela Ada ~ Sweet coconut-jaggery stuffed rice cakes/parcels steam cooked in banana leaves, a traditional delicacy from Kerala. Last few weeks have been really busy on home front which required my full attention.
Ela ada with banana filling step by step
- To the rice flour add boiling water with a pinch of salt and knead it into a soft dough and keep them aside.
- Melt jaggery with little water. Add the powdered cardamom to it and when the jaggery is completely melted add shredded coconut and stir them nicely till thick.
- Cut the kerala bananas into slices or small pieces add little shredded coconut and sugar and keep them aside.
- Clean banana leaf and with help of hand press the kneaded dough into the leaf and then top them with coconut mixture and further top them with banana mixture. And close them..
- In a steamer steam them for 15 to 20 min till done. Serve them as a filling snack or a healthy dessert..
Ada (Malayalam: അട) or Ela Ada, is an Indian sweet and traditional Kerala delicacy, consisting of rice parcels encased in a dough made of rice flour, with sweet fillings, steamed in banana leaf and served as an evening snack or as part of breakfast. It can be seen even in parts of Tamil Nadu as well. Ella Ada Recipe-Steamed Rice Pancakes With Coconut & Jaggery Filling. Ela Ada, is a Traditional Kerala delicacy. It is made of fresh grated coconut and jaggery, which is layered inside a dough made of the rice flour and steamed in a banana leaf.