Ela Ada. Ela Ada is a famous Breakfast or Snack in Kerala. Its very healthy, sweet and tasty. Ela Ada or Valsan is a very tasty traditional Kerala snack or breakfast dish made with rice flour and coconut jaggery filling and steam cooke d in banana.
Ada (Malayalam: അട) or Ela Ada, is an Indian sweet and traditional Kerala delicacy, consisting of rice parcels encased in a dough made of rice flour, with sweet fillings, steamed in banana leaf and served as an evening snack or as part of breakfast. Ada or Ela Ada, is a Traditional Kerala (South India) delicacy. With Vishu round the corner, I present to you the Ela Ada recipe for kids which is a favorite among adults too. You can cook Ela Ada using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ela Ada
- Prepare of For the filling.
- It’s of ghee.
- You need of fresh grated coconut.
- It’s of cardamom powder.
- Prepare of Melted jaggery (150 gms jaggery & 1/4 cup water).
- You need of For the dough.
- Prepare of rice flour.
- You need of ghee.
- Prepare of Boiled water with salt.
- You need of Banana leaf to wrap.
Ela Ada is a popular tea time snack in Kerala. It is prepared with rice flour and normally filled with something sweet. Learn how to prepare Ela Ada. Home » Festival Recipes » Ela Ada / Vazhayila Ada / Ila Ada Recipe.
Ela Ada instructions
- Melt the jaggery in a pan stirring to avoid it from sticking to the surface of the pan, melt it completely. Then seive it and keep aside.
- In a pan heat 2 tsp ghee and roast the coconut for a few mins till fragrant the colour should not change. Then add the sieved melted jaggery and cook till it thickens, add cardamom powder and off the flame let it cool.
- In a pan add 2 cups of water and salt, boil it. Off the flame. In bowl take 1 1 /2 cup rice flour add 1 tbsp ghee mix it,then add the boiled water as required to make a tough dough cover and keep it.
- Heat water in a steamer. Take a banana leaf & cut it into small pieces. Grease your hands take some dough and roll it,place it on the banana leaf piece and flatten it, place a tbsp of the coconut jaggery mixture in centre,fold the leaf seal it,press down on all sides. Cut the edges with karanji cutter.
- Place them in the steamer plate for 10 to 15 mins. Once ready serve it hot.
Ada or Ela Ada (Ilai Ada), is an Indian sweet and traditional Kerala delicacy, consisting of rice parcels encased in a dough made of rice flour, with sweet fillings, steamed in banana leaf. Contact people, who know to make all kinds of Snaks. Ela ada is a traditional Kerala sweet/snack which is made with rice flour/raw rice and coconut-jaggery filling. Vazhayila Ada is a very healthy and tasty dish which can be had as an evening snack. Ela Ada is one such snack.