Ada Pradhaman. #adapradhaman #recipesaresimple Ada Pradhaman – The most sought after Payasam from Kerala. A dessert made from steamed rice flakes in coconut milk. Ada pradhaman recipe with store bought rice ada, jaggery, coconut milk as main ingredients.
Ada payasam in tamil/Ada pradhaman /kerala style ada pradhaman/onam special sweet. Easy Ada Pradhaman Recipe Using Tin Coconut Milk Kerala Onam special sadya payasam for beginners. Ada Pradhaman is a Kerala Style Rice Ada Pudding which is made with Jaggery & Coconut Milk. You can cook Ada Pradhaman using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ada Pradhaman
- Prepare of Rice Ada.
- Prepare of Jaggery.
- Prepare of Thin coconut milk ( same measure cup which we took Ada).
- Prepare of Thick coconut milk.
- You need of Cashewnuts.
- It’s of Cardamom powder.
- It’s of Ghee.
It is very easy to make and tastes delicious, therefore apt to serve to your guests. How to make Ada pradhaman, a kerala style dessert recipe made with jaggery and coconut milk. Note: I've posted this originally as Palada Pradhaman. I changed it to Ada Pradhaman, since some.
Ada Pradhaman instructions
- I purchased Rice Ada packet Double Horse brand about 200gms..
- In a pan Boil water that is rolling boil and add Ada in it. Switch off the flame.Let it soak for 20 minutes..
- After 20 minutes, drain the water completely. Then rinse Ada with cold water so that Ada does not stick to each other. Drain the water and keep it aside..
- In a pan add Jaggery in half cup water and place it on gas stove. Allow it to dissolve. As soon as it dissolves remove it from flame..
- In a Kadai add 2 big tbsp of ghee and add drained Ada to it. Fry it on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes..
- Now add Jaggery water to the Ada and cook until it thickens on low flame..
- Meanwhile, we will prepare coconut milk. Here I took one big coconut and grated it. Add grated coconut in a mixer jar and pour half cup water and grind it. Then squeeze the grinded coconut and extract first thick coconut milk..
- Then add the squeezed coconut again in the mixer jar and pour 1 cup water and grind it. Then with the help of stainer, you can extract the second thin coconut milk..
- With this method, we prepared first thick coconut milk around 1 cup. The second thin coconut milk around 2 cups. This is also the same measuring cup with which we took ada. The 3rd pic is the measuring glass which is not clear..
- Till now in Kadai our Ada and Jaggery syrup mixture has started thickening. Once it thickens, add 2 cups second thin coconut milk. Cook on medium flame till it again thickens. I poured it using stainer..
- In a small Kadai add ghee and cashew nuts. On low flame fry it till golden brown..
- Once the Ada and thin coconut milk mixture gets thickened add first thick coconut milk to it. Add cardamom powder, fried cashew nuts mix well and switch off the flame. Do not cook after adding first thick coconut milk. Once it cools, it will thicken further..
- Delicious and mouth watering Ada Pradhaman is ready..
Ada pradhaman, a favorite dessert among the Malayalees is made using ada with coconut milk and jaggery. Learn how to prepare yummy Ada Pradhaman. Ada pradhaman is generally made for Onam, a traditional festival of Kerala. The one which is made with jaggery is ada pradhaman and the one with sugar and milk is Palada pradaman. Ada Pradhaman Recipe a rich traditional ada payasam popular in Kerala.