Coconut curry ramen. Coconut Curry Ramen with a creamy golden broth, pan-fried vegetables, cubes of golden brown tofu, and steamy delicious ramen noodles. Coconut Curry Ramen with a creamy golden broth, pan-fried vegetables, cubes of golden brown tofu, and steamy delicious ramen noodles. Savory vegan ramen infused with curry and coconut milk.
It's Khao Soi-ish, it's curry ramen-ish. However, thanks to a few weeknight dinner shortcuts, it's not fast- ish —it is fast , period. This coconut curry ramen will warm you right up! You can have Coconut curry ramen using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut curry ramen
- Prepare 8 cups of chicken stock or mushroom stock.
- It’s 2 of small knobs of ginger julienned.
- Prepare 10 cloves of garlic chopped.
- It’s 5 tbsp of yellow or red curry paste.
- Prepare 2 of large yellow onion chopped.
- You need 4 cups of light coconut milk.
- It’s 2-4 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 2 tbsp of miso paste (optional).
- It’s 2 tbsp of toasted sesame oil.
- You need of For heat I added to 2 red chilies but its optional.
- Prepare of Accouterments for serving:.
- You need of Sliced bamboo shoots.
- You need of sautéed sliced shitake.
- You need of sliced green onion.
- Prepare of soft boiled egg.
- It’s of black sesame seeds.
- It’s of yellow corn.
- You need of ramen noodles.
A delicious broth coats the tender ramen I eat my weight in ramen when it is super cold out. My body just craves it and partly it's because it also comes. This dish tastes fantastic and looks even better, making it perfect for a date night in with bold flavors but easy enough to put together for a weeknight. Keyword curry ramen, noodle soup, ramen noodle soup, ramen recipe.
Coconut curry ramen step by step
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, add oil, garlic, ginger, and onion (add chilies here if using). Sauté, stirring occasionally for 5-8 minutes or until the onion has developed a slight sear (browned edges)..
- Add curry paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes more, stirring frequently. Then add vegetable broth and coconut milk and stir to deglaze the bottom of the pan..
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer on low for at least 1 hour, up to 2-3, stirring occasionally. The longer it cooks, the more the flavor will deepen and develop.
- Taste broth and adjust seasonings as needed, adding coconut sugar for a little sweetness, turmeric for more intense curry flavor, or more sesame oil for nuttiness..
- Once you have the broth where you want it run it though a sieve and return back to the pot.
- About 10 minutes before serving, prepare any desired toppings/sides, such as noodles, sautéed shitake mushrooms, or green onion (optional)..
- If using miso paste Just before serving, scoop out 1/2 cup of the broth and whisk in the miso paste. Once fully dissolved, add back to the pot and turn off the heat. Stir to combine..
- To serve, divide noodles of choice between serving bowls. Top with broth and desired toppings.
Start by making the coconut curry broth. In a saucepan on medium heat, add the chickpea flour. With a velvety sauce, a secret tip for tender chicken and a fresh herb/crunchy cashew topping, this Coconut Curry Chicken Ramen is always a hit! Add broth, coconut milk and curry paste and stir until combined. (Optional: Add cayenne pepper to make it spicy.) And now, I'm bringing you this Spicy Pork Thai Coconut Curry Ramen. It has instantly become a staple in our house, and it's something I find myself craving again and again.