Peanut Butter Granola.
Ingredients of Peanut Butter Granola
- You need 2 1/2 cups of old fashioned rolled oats.
- It’s 1/2 cup of peanuts or cashews (any variety or plain).
- It’s 1/2 cup of sliced almonds.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- It’s 2/3 cup of honey.
- You need 2/3 cup of peanut butter (or any other nut butter).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (you could also use a different dried fruit instead of the chocolate).
Peanut Butter Granola instructions
- Preheat your oven to 325 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, peanuts, almonds, salt and cinnamon. Set aside..
- Place the honey, peanut butter and brown sugar together in a small bowl and heat for about 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir and continue to heat at 10 second intervals until the mixture is completely combined and smoothly melted together. You'll want it to be fairly runny, so add more honey to thin it out if needed..
- Pour the honey mix over the dry ingredients and stir together until all the ingredients are moistened. Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet..
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir around. Return to the oven and bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Then, stir in the raisins and chocolate chips (or additional dried fruit). I used dark chocolate chips. Allow the granola to cool completely..
- Store in a covered container for up to 3 weeks. Enjoy it as a breakfast cereal with milk, dry as a snack, sprinkled over yogurt with fresh fruit, sprinkled over ice cream, on top of your favorite smoothie, sprinkled over your favorite muffin…there are so many ways to enjoy granola!.