Hot Ham and Cheese Sub Sandwich. Hot Ham and Swiss Cheese Sandwiches — Lynn's Recipes. lynnsrecipes. Ham and Cheese Sliders by Chef Bae. Lynn demonstrates how to make Hot Ham and Swiss Cheese Sandwiches.
Enjoy these cheesy grilled sandwiches made using ham and veggies. MORE+ LESS Sandwiches with additional layers need a few more minutes to heat. This hot sub recipe leaves you plenty of time to relax with the rest of the picnickers. You can have Hot Ham and Cheese Sub Sandwich using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hot Ham and Cheese Sub Sandwich
- It’s of to 1 lb sliced ham, lunch meat.
- It’s of any type slice cheese, such as Pepper Jack, or Provolone, etc., your choice.
- It’s of Italian Steak Rolls or Hoagie Buns.
- It’s of topping of choice, mayo, mustard, dijon mustard, pickles, onions, etc. etc..
- Prepare of bacon grease, OR Cooking Spray, your choice.
Don't settle for ordinary ham and cheese sandwiches when you can make something deliciously different. Slice the whole thing in half horizontally. Spread first w/butter then w/mustard then w/mayonnaise. Cover with sliced or chipped ham and swiss or American cheese.
Hot Ham and Cheese Sub Sandwich instructions
- Take 1/2 – 1 pound of sliced ham. (Depends on how much ham you want on your sandwich.) Roll up and slice in thin strips, about 1/4 inch wide..
- Saute ham slices on medium -medium high heat in non stick skillet with bacon grease, OR for a lighter meal (less calories) use a squirt of cooking spray before you throw ham in skillet..
- Saute until some of the pieces of ham start browning a bit..
- Preheat oven to broil, low..
- Slice bread (if not already sliced) lengthwise, but not all the way thru..
- Divide ham between the four buns..
- Top ham with a piece of cheese. I like to tear cheese in half and place it longways on the bun to cover most of the ham up..
- Broil until cheese is melty, bubbly and starts to brown..
- Remove from oven and add toppings such as mayo, mustard, pickles, lettuce, onions, etc..
- I like to use Virginia Brand Smoked Ham and Pepper Jack or Provolone cheese, topped with mayo and mustard. Any type of sliced ham, cheese or toppings can be used..
Ham and cheese subs are a simple and delicious option for lunch or quick dinner. Melted gooey cheese with honey ham on a toasted French hoagie sub roll. Place the subs on the half sheet pan. Make this Ham & Cheese Sandwich from Delish.com today—it's going to be way better than the one you had in your lunch box as a kid. This ham sandwich is great for many reasons.