Chocolate Cake Doughnuts 🍩. Cake doughnuts will sink to the bottom of the oil, then cook for a bit before rising up. Place the doughnuts on the prepared cooling rack. These donuts are delicious packed with chocolate flavor and dipped in a yummy chocolate glaze.
Squeeze a good amount Hershey's Chocolate Syrup in. Try this recipe for chocolate cake donuts with icing to scratch that itch. Chocolate Cake Doughnuts. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can cook Chocolate Cake Doughnuts 🍩 using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Cake Doughnuts 🍩
- It’s of For the doughnuts.
- Prepare 2 of eggs (substitute with avocado, banana, boiled sweet potato).
- You need 1/8 cup of Butter (crisco/sunflower margarine/vegetable oil).
- Prepare 4-6 teaspoons of Granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract (optional).
- Prepare 1 squeeze of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of + 2 tbsp plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need of For the toppings (use a good combination of any of these).
- Prepare of Mini chocolate chips (dark/white chocolate).
- It’s of Mini marshmallows.
- It’s of Mini pretzels.
- It’s of Rainbow sprinkles.
- You need of Heart sprinkles.
- You need of Galaxy sprinkles.
- Prepare of Chocolate curls/shavings.
- Prepare of Extra chocolate (to drizzle).
- Prepare of Mixed chopped nuts (peanuts, almonds, pistachios, pecans).
- It’s of caramel (to drizzle).
- Prepare of freeze-dried/fresh berries (raspberry, blueberry, strawberry).
- It’s of Graham cracker crumbs.
- Prepare of Oreo crumbs.
- Prepare of Mini Mars/Snickers/Galaxy/Twix (cut into pieces).
- Prepare of Whipped cream/cool whip (optional).
Baked Chocolate Cake Doughnuts are the best alternative to frying while still getting a rich fluffy donut. These get even closer to the classic flavor with chocolate icing and sprinkles to make a delicious chocolate sprinkle doughnut. First things first Baked — not fried — Chocolate Fudge Cake Doughnuts are a quick and easy path to satisfying both your chocolate and doughnut craving! And it turns out Chocolate Fudge Cake Doughnuts have had a penchant for quirky behavior.
Chocolate Cake Doughnuts 🍩 instructions
- Cream the butter (crisco/sunflower margarine/vegetable oil) with the sugar and then, add 1 egg (avocado, banana or boiled sweet potato) at a time and continue to whisk till everything comes together..
- Squeeze a good amount Hershey's Chocolate Syrup in. The syrup can be substituted with melted chocolate bars. Just make sure your syrup or melted bar is 100% pure dark chocolate. Add the vanilla and whisk this for another minute..
- Add the flour slowly and gradually along with the baking powder. This step is entirely optional but if you want to, you can add mixed nuts and/or chocolate chips at this point to give the doughnut batter an extra crunch/flavor. Your batter should be silky and smooth like this..
- Pour into the greased pan/doughnut moulds and bake these for 3 minutes (if you're using the microwave). Adjust your temperature settings to your liking if you're either baking this in an electric oven or steaming it in a steamer. Cool them in room temperature the sooner they step out of the oven/steamer. Cut them with the doughnut cutter if you've baked it in a regular square pan. Drizzle extra chocolate syrup/melted chocolate on the top and it's done. Well… almost..
- Be creative and use any of the toppings mentioned on the recipe and give the doughnuts your own kind of makeover. Doughnuts with topping(s) stand out better than those that don't. Double or triple the recipe if you're sharing these with family or friends 🖤.
For most people, the recipe works fine. Make a batch of chocolate cake doughnuts even better when you drizzle them with a mocha glaze and top with coconut, chocolate, nuts or sugary sprinkles. Chocolate Cake Doughnuts. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. The big challenge when creating chocolate doughnuts is cramming enough rich chocolate flavour into a dough that still fries up with that appealingly light, springy crumb that´s the trademark of a good cake doughnut. Make a batch of chocolate cake doughnuts even better when you drizzle them with a mocha glaze and top with coconut, chocolate, nuts or sugary sprinkles.