Ingredients of Spam Musubi
- You need of Spam (seasoned by condiments marked by "a.").
- It’s of a. Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of a. Sugar.
- Prepare of a. Mirin.
- You need of a. Water.
- It’s of sheets Dried seaweed paper for rice balls.
- You need of desired amount Thinly cooked omelette.
- It’s of desired amount Furikake rice sprinkles.
- It’s of Sliced cheese.
- It’s of desired amount Kimchi.
- It’s of Cooked rice.
Spam Musubi instructions
- Cut the Spam into 8 or 9 pieces and cook it in a frying pan without using any oil. Once it starts to brown, add the premixed a. condiments and cook until it gives it more color. (Stop before the condiments start to burn.).
- Have the ingredients out. It's up to you what fillings you'd like to put in your musubi! The picture shows the ingredients for a musubi with rice seasoning and an egg omelette, which is perfect for a bento. Please combine the other ingredients with Spam according to your taste..
- Place the musubi maker on top of a sheet of dried seaweed and fill it with rice. Top it with rice sprinkles..
- Also place the omelette on top..
- Place the Spam and push the musubi with the musubi maker lid. Remove the musubi maker and wrap it with the seaweed and you're done..
- Try it with kimchi, cheese, furikake rice seasoning, thin omelettes, shiso leaves, sesame, and a bunch of other different toppings and condiments..
- I bought my musubi maker in Hawaii. It's easier to make with the musubi maker because it's just the right size..
- If you don't have a musubi maker… you can place plastic wrap in a deep dish or container. Add the rice and rice sprinkles..
- Place the omelette on top..
- Lay the cooked and seasoned Spam on top..
- Firmly press the musubi down after laying another sheet of plastic wrap on top..
- Lift the plastic wrap on the bottom and remove the musubi from the container. Cut the musubi according to the size of the Spam..
- Wrap it with dry seaweed..
- Wrap it with plastic wrap tightly. This is what makes it good! Shape the musubi after it's wrapped..
- Other than placing the Spam on top and wrapping it with seaweed, it's also good to sandwich the spam and other ingredients between layers of rice..