Kimchi fried rice. Kimchi fried rice (Kimchi Bokkeumbap, 김치 볶음밥) is a type of Korean fried rice and it is predominantly cooked with kimchi (obviously!) To give it more texture and flavor a variety of meat. This article is part of a series on. Korean cuisine한국 요리조선 료리. v. t. e.
Not the high-heat stir-fry you might expect, Grace Lee's home-style fried-rice recipe uses a simple technique — make an easy, flavorful kimchi sauce. Kimchi Fried Rice, or Kimchi Bokkeumbap (볶음밥), is a simple, delicious fried rice recipe that's made with mature kimchi, rice, and just a handful of other ingredients. Kimchi Fried Rice – easy fried rice made with Korean kimchi. You can cook Kimchi fried rice using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kimchi fried rice
- You need of Kimchi.
- Prepare 1 can of spam.
- It’s of White rice.
- Prepare of Green onions.
- It’s of Sesame oil.
- Prepare of Garlic (optional).
Kimchi adds a spicy and pungent taste and absolute best. Loaded with kimchi, mushrooms, carrots, kale and a fried egg! Sure to be a weeknight favorite! It's full of tangy kimchi flavor and will be a weeknight favorite!
Kimchi fried rice instructions
- Cook white rice.
- Dice spam into cubes and slice kimchi into small pieces (dice garlic too if using).
- Fry spam in pan on medium high to high heat (with the diced garlic) remove from heat.
- Fry slices kimchi pieces for about 45 seconds on medium heat.
- Add white rice to pot and stir in kimchi and spam.
- Add kimchi juice and mix well until no white can be seen.
- Mix in sesame oil to taste and Allow to cook for about 2-5 min on medium.
- Top with green onions and serve.
It's a simple and unassuming dish that encapsulates the unique flavors of Korean cuisine – including the famous Kimchi! If you have never tried cooking Korean at home. Kimchi fried rice, or Kimchi Bokkeumbap, is a great way to use your kimchi and jazz up leftovers. It's so quick and easy, you can whip it up in no time, even on a crazy day. Kimchi Fried Rice (Kimchi Bokkeumbap in Korean) is quick, easy, and inexpensive to make, yet this humble meal tastes simply marvelous.