Shrimp, Spam, and Pineapple Soup. Serve fried rice in scooped out pineapple halves, and top with chopped cashews and green scallion slices. One doesn't usually associate pineapple with soup, but in southern Vietnam, Canh Chua is a popular soup that incorporates fish or shrimp. It's been more than a decade since I've had it, but with the healthy recipe challenge to use pineapple and greens, I decided it was time to try making this colorful.
How to make Italian shrimp soup recipe? Cook shrimp in olive oil, until just cooked and transfer to a bowl. In the same pan, saute onion, garlic and red pepper flakes. You can have Shrimp, Spam, and Pineapple Soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp, Spam, and Pineapple Soup
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Heinz tomato ketchup.
- It’s 1 1/3 lb of raw shrimp, you can use precooked.
- It’s 20 oz of pineapple chunks in its juice.
- Prepare 12 oz of spam diced.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 of salt on the pineapple only.
- It’s 2 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
Slice it into strips and get it crispy in a hot skillet, then make these SPAM tacos! Topped with pineapple and red pepper, these tacos No, but seriously, my kids had chicken noodle soup for dinner that night. They are wearing pajamas because it was PJ day at school. Vietnamese sweet and sour soup (canh chua) is an example of everything that is great about Vietnamese home cooking.
Shrimp, Spam, and Pineapple Soup instructions
- Clean, remove shell, and remove vein of shrimp.
- Dice the spam.
- Heat pan add oil and then spam..
- When the spam is heated add pineapple and juices. Salt the pineapple just a bit..
- When bubbling add ketchup and tomato paste. Stir well. When it has thickened just a bit add the shrimp and honey stirring constantly..
- When shrimp is done serve immediately..
- Hope you enjoy!.
It uses a variety of For this recipe, I'm making canh chua with chicken stock, large tiger shrimp, pineapples, tomatoes and okra. Since shrimps are added towards the end. We've added fresh pineapple to this spicy, sweet-and-sour Thai soup. Enjoy it as a first course before a light Thai curry or as a light lunch. Remove from the heat and stir in lime juice, scallions and cilantro.