Sushi Rolls with Avocado & Spam. Avocado Sushi Rolls are the best easy make at home sushi! This recipe is kid-friendly and a total crowd-pleaser, who doesn't love avocado! Cheers to the only sushi I like that's pregnancy safe, Avocado Sushi Rolls!
Take your sushi roller and place it in a large freezer bag to keep it clean. (A bamboo place mat can work too). Lay Nori sheet down on roller and apply a thin layer of rice. First things first – don't be scared! You can have Sushi Rolls with Avocado & Spam using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sushi Rolls with Avocado & Spam
- Prepare of For the sushi rice:.
- It’s 540 ml of White rice.
- You need 6 tbsp of ■Vinegar.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of ■Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ■Salt.
- It’s 3 cm of square ■ Kombu.
- It’s of For the Filling:.
- It’s 1/2 of Avocado.
- It’s 1 dash of Lemon juice.
- You need 100 grams of Spam.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of ★Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ★Dashi stock.
- It’s 1 of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 12 of Imitation crab sticks.
- You need 1 of Cucumber.
- Prepare 3 of Shiso leaves.
- Prepare 4 of sheets Nori seaweed.
The only thing required for "sushi date night" is a bamboo mat and a positive attitude. I love to make my veggie sushi roll with avocado and cucumber… but the special ingredient here is mango! Avocado Cucumber Sushi Rolls with cauliflower rice and mango are healthy, full of color and perfect for summer entertaining! Having most of the ingredients on hand after making the Tofu Poke Bowl, this Avocado Cucumber Sushi Roll recipe was the perfect transition!
Sushi Rolls with Avocado & Spam step by step
- Make the sushi rice. Refer to "Homemade Sushi Vinegar"..
- Prepare the filling: Use half of the avocado. Pit, then slice the flesh thinly. Sprinkle with lemon juice to avoid discoloring..
- [Slice the spam into 7-8 mm strips. Brown in a pan..
- Beat eggs well. Add all ★ ingredients and make tamagoyaki. Slice into 7-8 mm strips..
- Prepare the crabsticks..
- Cut thin lengthwise strips of cucumber..
- Julienne the shiso leaves..
- Place the nori vertically, and spread out a fourth of the rice. Leave about 1 cm space closest to you and 3c m space on the opposite side uncovered. Evenly spread the rice and add a bit more to the farther end, this makes rolling easier. Center the ingredients. Lay the shiso leaves on top of spam..
- Roll up from the side closest to you. Hold the ingredients together with both hands, and wrap up as if sticking the two ends of the rice. Refer to photo above. Press down lightly to secure..
- Wrap up the leftover ends of the nori. Set aside with the ends facing down..
- When the nori is secured, slice into desired sizes. It's tasty as it is, to the saltiness from the spam..
These rolls are easy to make and you can add either fake crab or smoked salmon. These rolls, filled with avocado and lightly pickled veggies, are both easy and nutritious—and perfect for an afternoon snack. Tip: Get creative by experimenting with different sushi fillings. Try crab meat and avocado or cooked mushrooms. To make the sushi rolls, gently spread some of the sushi rice over the nori, leaving space at one end to make the seal.