Ingredients of Chashu Ramen
- You need of Chashu meat.
- You need 500 g of pork belly.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of mirin.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of sake.
- Prepare 4 oz of ginger, peeled and sliced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 of stems spring onion, cut into 2 inches.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- Prepare of Soup base.
- It’s 6 cups of soya or cashew milk.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- It’s 2 of chicken bouillon.
Chashu Ramen step by step
- Wash the pork belly and pat dry with paper towel. If you have a wider cut of pork belly, try to roll and tie it similar to a pork roast. Otherwise, a thicker slab of pork belly cut into 3 inches with wide will do. Parboil the pork and then discard the water..
- In a separate pot, combine all the chashu meat ingredients and make sure the sugar have been dissolved. Put the meat into the mixture and turn on heat to high. Once it starts to boil, turn down heat to medium and simmer for 1 1/2 hours covered. Check the meat every 20 minutes and turn it so that all sides are adequately covered by the sauce. Depending if the meat is cooked thoroughly and soft, simmer over low for an additional 30 minutes..
- After this, the sauce should have reduced significantly. I should be thick enough to cover the back of a spoon. If not simmer over medium until you have achieved the desired consistency..
- Turn off heat and let cool. Place the pork in a separate resealable plastic bag with a few tablespoon of the sauce. Seal and refrigerate overnight. This will ensure that the pork maintains its form when you slice it to serving pieces..
- To make the soup base, combine all ingredients and simmer for 10-15 minutes over medium low heat..
- To serve, in a bowl add a tbsp of tsuyu, a tbsp of chasu sauce and a tsp of grated garlic. Add 1-2 cups of the soul base. Put the ramen noodles and top with slice of chasu pork belly. Garnish with bean sproats, bakchoy or baby spinach, shiitake mushroom and ajitsuke tamago..