Slow Smothered Pork Chops. Slow cooker pork chops are so easy and delicious! But, when it comes to pork chops, I'll just be upfront and honest and tell you that we've had a rocky I am so glad I decided to use my crock pot to make this recipe for Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops because not only were they so tender and. Slow Cooked Smothered Pork Chops is a simple, delicious, easy to make main meal that can be made in a slow cooker / crock pot.
Instead I make a homemade onion and garlic gravy completely from scratch. These slow cooker smothered pork chops are fantastic. They are the perfect way to get a great meal on the table without heating up the whole house. You can have Slow Smothered Pork Chops using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Smothered Pork Chops
- You need 5 of pd large bone in assorted pork chops (deboned).
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of bell pepper.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery.
- It’s 3 of large carrots.
- It’s 2 of pds baby red potatoes.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of each of garlic and onion powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of coriander.
- It’s 3 of knorr chicken bouillon cubes.
- You need 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of corn starch (optional).
Tender, fall-apart pork chops are, well, smothered in a flavorful gravy enhanced with smoky bacon, aromatic onions and garlic, a hint of thyme and a little. The quality of the pork chops will profoundly impact the outcome of this dish. The video below will take you through all the steps on how to make smothered pork chops in the slow cooker. Alternatively, there is a full written recipe immediately beneath the video.
Slow Smothered Pork Chops step by step
- If you are cooking for little ones you may want to debone the pork chops because there are some little and sharp bones in the meat. After deboning, save the bigger bones to cook with the meal for added flavor..
- In small bowl mix cajun seasoning, smoked paprika and some of your salt and pepper. generously rub on each side of pork chops.
- Heat a little bit of oil in Dutch oven or any heavy, large pot. Add meat. Do not over crowd the pot, you may need to brown in batches, mine took two. Get a nice brown sear on each side and in bottom of the pan. Remove and set aside..
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and celery. saute for a few minutes until they take on the color of the sear and are translucent..
- Add pork chops back to the pot, add remaining seasonings. Add enough water to cover the meat about an inch. Stir all together well, bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low boil for 1 1/2 hours..
- Then add carrots and potatoes, cover and simmer for another 30 to 45 minutes..
- If you want a thicker broth, mix cornstarch with some cold water and add to pot. Let it cook for a few more minutes to thicken..
Pork chops, bathed in smoky, bacon-flecked gravy and cooked in the slow cooker until the pork is just done, but still moist and tender are destined to become a family favorite. Pat pork chops dry and place into a slow cooker. Add mushroom soup, onions, sliced mushrooms, and garlic powder. You may re-evaluate your favorite pork recipe after trying these slow-cooked smothered chops, which gently braise in a mixture of beer and golden mushroom soup for hours to stay juicy all the way through. Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops your homebased mom.