Southern Fried Catfish. Fried catfish is a Southern tradition, along with buttermilk hush puppies and buttermilk coleslaw. Nothing says Soulfood like Southern Fried Catfish. Nothing says Soulfood like Southern Fried Catfish.
Catfish is a popular dish down South, and for good reason. Although it can be prepared in a variety of ways, including grilled, frying it in a cornmeal. Perfectly fried, Southern-style catfish — whether cooked at a fish shack, at a Saturday night fish fry, or on the banks of a winding river — should not be underestimated. You can cook Southern Fried Catfish using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southern Fried Catfish
- You need Half 2 Pound of Catfish Fillets Sliced in.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of SALT.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of LEMON JUICE.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 Cup of Fish Flour Zatarain ' s Fry.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Chilli Powder.
It seemed to me that, to make some good 'ol Southern Fried Catfish, you need to soak the catfish fillets in buttermilk, add some heat with. Deep fried, crispy strips of catfish, coated in a mixture of corn meal and flour, are a true deep south favorite. Fried catfish is a common dinner in the south. This Southern Fried Catfish is a stable in every southern household.
Southern Fried Catfish step by step
- Mix Ginger Garlic Paste with 1 TB olive oill, Lemon Juice, Salt and Chilli Powder, Season the fish fillet with this mexture on both sides..
- Heat 2 TB Olive Oil in a a large Pan or skillet. Take 4 pieces of fish and dust it lightly in Fish Flour. Pan Fry 4 mts. on both sides (Golden Brown) Repeat Process with remaining pieces. Add Oil if necessary..
- Serve with Rice and Vegetables..
Its golden and has a super-crispy exterior, with a delicate, tender and flaky inside. There are so many ways to prepare catfish but. Follow our easy, step-by-step, photo illustrated instructions to learn how to fry delicious catfish in your own kitchen. Easy and flavorful Southern Fried Catfish Recipe! I like to keep the steps simple and let my homemade, seasoned batter mix do all of the talking!