Gooey Banana Bread. This Classic Banana Bread is perfectly sweet, moist, and full of flavor! This recipe is sooo delicious because the bread turns out gooey on the inside and crisp on the outside. This gooey bread made with mashed ripe bananas and pumpkin pie mix is a snap to make, perfect for an afternoon snack or Gooey Pumpkin Banana Bread.
Because it really is the best banana bread recipe, period. You can mix everything in one bowl, you can vary. Cool the loaf in the pan before removing it from the pan. You can cook Gooey Banana Bread using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gooey Banana Bread
- You need 3-4 of bananas.
- It’s 1/3 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg (beaten).
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of flour.
- You need of Optional 1/4 cup nuts, raisins or chocolate chips.
Source of recipe: I modified this from the "Vegan Planet" cookbook by Robin Robertson. Mash bananas into a paste in a large bowl. When life gives you brown bananas, you make banana bread – am I right? I'm not proud of it but I spent so many years throwing out brown banana's as I thought they were bad.
Gooey Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350. In a bowl, mash the bananas first and then add melted butter..
- In the same bowl, mix in sugar, vanilla and the beaten egg.
- Again, in the same bowl, mix in baking soda and the pinch of salt..
- Lastly, mix in the flour and decide whether you want to add an optional ingredient..
- I used a bread pan, which I greased with butter, (Which you probably do not have to do) and scooped in all the batter. Cook at 350 in the oven for 1 hour..
I have a love/hate relationship with bananas. I'm in the category of people that can only eat still slightly ripe bananas – once they pass that point, where they lose that greenish tinge at the top. This banana bread has the most bananas out of any banana bread I've ever made before. The key to the perfect banana bread is getting that gooey banana center! This recipe will come out perfect for you, just make sure not to.