Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings). This is an Indonesian Gado Gado with a fabulous peanut sauce that is true to the authentic flavours but easier to make. Gado Gado – fun to say, delicious to eat, this traditional Indonesian salad is probably the only recipe where you can put the words "blanched vegetables" and "tasty" in the same. Gado-gado is an Indonesian traditional salad with peanut dressing.
So important is rice in the typical Indonesian meal that one Since most of the vegetables in this salad are cooked, and as far as I can recall, I have never seen someone enjoy this. A potpourri of vegetables, gado gado is one of Indonesia's signature dishes. This salad has it all — gorgeous color, crunchy texture, and fabulous Meaning "mix mix," this simplified adaptation highlights the abundance of fresh ingredients available on the islands. You can have Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings) using 25 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings)
- You need of Lontong (Indonesian rice cake).
- Prepare of medium potato, boiled, peeled, cut into small chunks.
- It’s of medium cucumber, cut into small chunks.
- Prepare of bean sprouts, put into boiling water for 1 minute, drained.
- Prepare of long beans, trimmed, cut into 1.5 inches pieces, boiled or baby spinach, put into boiling water for 1 minute, drained.
- It’s of fried tofu, cut into small chunks.
- It’s of fried soy bean cake, cut into small chunks.
- You need of lettuce, cut.
- Prepare of For the sauce:.
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of coconut sugar.
- You need of tamarind juice, from 1 tsp wet tamarind mixed with 2 tbsp water.
- Prepare of instant coconut milk.
- Prepare of kaffir lime leaves, cut away the bones.
- Prepare of peanuts, fried, ground.
- It’s of For the ground spices:.
- You need of garlic.
- It’s of red peppers.
- Prepare of cutchery.
- It’s of For the complement:.
- It’s of tomatoes, divided by 8.
- Prepare of hard cooked large eggs, peeled, halved.
- You need of Emping (Indonesian chips).
- It’s of Indonesian crispy crackers.
- You need of Chili sauce (made of 8 bird eyes chili peppers and 4 cloves garlic, boiled, drained, ground).
This salad has it all — gorgeous color. Chef Lara Lee, author of the cookbook "Coconut & Sambal," is making gado gado, a salad that will transport your kitchen to Indonesia. Gado-gado, also known as pecel, is Indonesian salad consisting of slightly boiled/steamed mixed vegetables, sliced fresh cucumber, boiled eggs, tofu, tempeh, and rice cakes (lontong or ketupat) with peanut dressing. This is one of my favourite dishes for diet or for meat fasting days like Fridays. • Indonesian vegetable salad.
Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Dressings) instructions
- Heat the vegetable oil. Sauté ground spices and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant. Add ground peanuts. Mix well..
- Add coconut milk, coconut sugar, and salt. Keep stirring constantly until boiling..
- Add tamarind juice. Mix well. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- Arrange rice cake chunks, boiled potato, cucumber, bean sprouts, spinach, fried tofu, fried soy bean cake, and lettuce on a plate. Pour some sauce. Serve with the complement! 😋.
I used my food processor to make the sauce which was very easy and turned out great. For those of you who are not familiar with some of the ingredients used in the sauce, I'm posting some photos of the key ingredients below. Gado-gado is an Indonesian traditional salad with peanut dressing. Originally made from some boiled vegetables such as spinach, water spinach Gado-gado is my favorite Indonesian salad. This Sundanese dish is a national favorite, and it consists of lightly boiled and blanched vegetables.