Cajun chicken pasta salad. Chicken dredged in Cajun spices is sauteed with bell peppers and mushrooms, and presented in a basil-cream sauce over linguine. Easy One Pot Cajun Chicken & Pasta Recipe. There are several ways you can customize this super simple and delicious one pot pasta.
Pour dressing over salad, toss until coated, and serve. This content is imported from embed-name. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able. You can have Cajun chicken pasta salad using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun chicken pasta salad
- You need of Orecchiette pasta.
- You need of Cavatapi pasta.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of Paul Prudome poultry seasoning at least.
- It’s of Italian dressing.
- Prepare of French dressing.
- It’s of Bell peppers different colors cut into matchsticks and chunks.
- It’s of Black olives.
- It’s of Green onion.
- Prepare of Yellow onion.
- It’s 3 halves of Chicken breast.
- Prepare of The best olive oil you can find.
Coat chicken pieces in Cajun seasoning, then add the chicken to the pan and fry until sealed. Add garlic and chorizo and fry for a further two minutes, then add in sliced bell peppers. This creamy Cajun chicken pasta makes an amazing and easy weeknight dinner… Or, the best ever addition to any potluck, picnic, or tailgating party. You can easily chop the vegetables and prepare the creamy cajun mayo ahead of time to save time in the kitchen.
Cajun chicken pasta salad instructions
- Boil pasta al dente drain… set aside.
- Put oil in skillet (this gets really smokey if you can do this outside do it)Cut chicken breasts into bite sized chunks coat with olive oil…and paul prudome poultry seasoning (coat it well) when the oil in the skillet is smoking (be careful fine line here between smoking and a fire) the coated chicken gets crispy in the high heat (blackened) cook through..
- Have chopped peppers onion olives chopped and ready.
- When chicken is done add rest of veggies.
- Stir for a minute or 2 then add french dressing and Italian dressing let it simmer for a few minutes..
- Cool off (tastes great warm too).
- Put cooled pasta salad in fridge overnight.
- Flavors get better overnight!!!.
- This can be adjusted to feed a few or alot of people…. use amounts that make sense to you (I know….for you people who measure everything this kinda sucks sorry).
But, of course, my favorite reason? A chicken salad done Louisiana style with a remoulade, Tabasco sauce and a little Cajun spice. Or your belly if you decide to make this Cajun twist on the classic chicken salad. It's easy enough, you can basically prep the ingredients as the chicken is poaching. This kicked-up pasta dish is a family favorite and my most requested recipe.