Skillet pizza chicken. Skillet Pizza Chicken is a great weeknight dinner for pizza fans that don't want pizza every night! This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I may make money when you. This skillet pizza's tangy sauce made with roasted red peppers, olive oil and garlic is a nice alternative to classic pizza sauce.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Both chicken and pizza are big hits with my children – phew! – and we have them regularly for dinner. If you wanted to add another layer to the skillet pizza chicken with pepperoni, mozzarella. You can cook Skillet pizza chicken using 4 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Skillet pizza chicken
- Prepare 2 cups of marinara sauce.
- It’s 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Hormel pepperoni minis.
Skillet pizza chicken just seems to fit with my priorities. The best part, of course, is that making this dish means you can entirely skip the crust part! Okay, I'll be the first to admit I like a good pizza crust. Set up three bowls with flour, egg and panko in, and whisk When you've got a good pizza shape put the skillet on the heat and turn it to full.
Skillet pizza chicken step by step
- Heat skillet with 1 teaspoon olive oil to medium. If chicken breasts are large, slice them in half to make them thinner. Cook chicken in skillet about 5-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Pour marinara sauce over cooked chicken in skillet. Spread out pepperoni minis. Top with cheese. (optional) Add a few pepperoni minis on top of the cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes. Cheese should be melted, bubbly and possibly slightly browned if you like that. Serve with salad and pasta..
Photo: Greg Dupree; Styling: Lindsey Lower. Sprinkle each pizza liberally with red. Add some basil or Italiano seasoning to the dough for added flavor. I called this a pizza chicken skillet because it has the toppings that I love on my pizza: peppers, onions, cheese and pepperoni. You can make this recipe your own by adding whatever you love on.