Walnut and Ricotta Cake.
Ingredients of Walnut and Ricotta Cake
- It’s of sugar + 1/4 cup sugar.
- Prepare of Walnut pieces (finely chopped).
- You need of salted butter.
- Prepare of eggs separated.
- Prepare of finely grated peel from 1 orange.
- You need of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare of flour.
- It’s of vanilla.
- It’s of nutmeg optional.
- You need of apricot jam (for glaze).
- You need of brandy (for glaze).
- It’s of semi-sweet chocolate for grating garnish.
Walnut and Ricotta Cake instructions
- Preheat oven 375 degrees..
- Grease and line bottom of 9" springform pan..
- Roast walnuts over medium heat for only a few minutes..
- Cream butter, flour, ricotta, egg yolks, grated orange peel, and 2/3 cup of sugar until light and fluffy..
- Whip egg whites in separate bowl until stiff. Incorporate 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla into egg whites. (add optional dash of nutmeg).
- Fold whites and nuts into the batter 1/2 at a time..
- Place batter in pan, bake for 30 minutes or until firm. Let cool in pan..
- Transfer cake to a plate..
- Heat apricot and 1 tablespoon of water in a small saucepan..
- Press apricot mix through a sieve and stir in brandy. Drizzle over cake. Top with chocolate shavings..