Pecan-Crusted Mojito Bars. Salty pecans in the crust perfectly complement the tangy, refreshing lime and mint dessert bar recipe. Salt pekannötter i jordskorpan kompletterar perfekt det tangy, uppfriskande lime- och mintdessertbarreceptet. Cut into bars and sift powdered sugar over the top.
They make a nice alternative to a Pecan Pie. These Mojito Bars start with a buttery, macadamia nut crust. Let's face it, I could snack on this crust all day long, baked or unbaked. You can have Pecan-Crusted Mojito Bars using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pecan-Crusted Mojito Bars
- Prepare of Crust.
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of chopped pecans.
- Prepare of granulated sugar.
- It’s of butter, cut in slices.
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare of eggs, lightly beaten.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of finely shredded lime peel.
- It’s of lime juice.
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- You need of milk (or 4 tbsp coconut rum).
- You need of fresh mint.
- You need of baking powder.
- You need of salt.
- You need of Toppings.
- Prepare of powdered sugar.
- It’s of finely shredded lime peel (optional).
- It’s of fresh mint leaves (optional).
Or you can skip to the original Pecan Crusted Mojito Bars that I adapted. Keep up with all the happenings. Moist, dense and fudgy in the middle, and chewy on the outside with a wafer thin candy-like crust. These bars have a sweet, crunchy pecan topping over a crisp almond crust.
Pecan-Crusted Mojito Bars instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan; set aside..
- For Crust: In a food processor combine the 1-3/4 cups flour, the pecans, and the 3/4 cup granulated sugar. Add butter slices. Cover; process with several on/off turns until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until crust is light brown. Let cool for about 5 minutes while preparing filling..
- For Filling: in a medium bowl whisk together eggs, the 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar, the 2 tablespoons lime peel, the lime juice, the 1/4 cup flour, the milk (or rum), snipped fresh mint, baking powder, and salt until combined. Pour filling over hot crust..
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes more or just until filling is set and edges begin to brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack..
- Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan; cut into bars. Sift powdered sugar over bars. To serve, sprinkle with powdered sugar. If desired, garnish with additional lime peel and fresh mint leaves..
- To Store: Layer bars between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week..
Be the first to rate & review! Pecan-Crusted Tilapia. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Mojito Bars are the adult version of their kid friendly cousin, the Lemon Bar, and will jazz up the While the crust is baking, prepare the Mojito filling. In a small bowl, beat the eggs until light. The pecan crust in this cheesecake is so good, you'll wonder why you ever made it with graham crackers.