Basic White Cake. I wanted a white cake that was moist, sweet and flavorful, without having to resort to a pound cake recipe, which would be heavier. I wanted a light, fluffy cake with a tender crumb. Simple, tasty, moist, basic white cake recipe for beginners.
Dress this cake up in whatever frosting and decorations you like. Bake it for a kid's birthday or even a wedding! Making a white cake from scratch is so worth it. You can have Basic White Cake using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Basic White Cake
- You need of Wet Ingredients.
- It’s of (1/2) Cup Yogurt, Plain.
- It’s of (3/4) Cup Milk.
- You need of (1) Tsp White Vinegar.
- It’s of Dry Ingredients.
- Prepare of (1 2/3) Cup Flour.
- It’s of (1/2) Tsp Salt.
- It’s of (1/4) Tsp Baking Soda.
- You need of (1) Tsp Baking Powder.
- It’s of The Rest Of The Ingredients.
- You need of (3/4) Cup Butter, Softened.
- Prepare of (1) Cup Sugar.
- You need of (3) Egg Whites.
- You need of (1 1/2) Tsp Extract Of Choice, Vanilla, Almond Ect.
Our easy version has a moist, tender View image. Basic White Cake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Here's a basic white cake that utilizes a slightly different mixing method that ensures success every time. This cake is slightly off white due to the butter and extract.
Basic White Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Whisk wet ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside..
- Sift Dry ingredients into a large bowl and set aside..
- In mixer bowl cream the butter and sugar. Scraping sides. Add the egg whites. Mix, scraping sides..
- Add extract, mix..
- Alternate wet and dry ingredients into mixer, mix on low. Scraping sides and mixing. About 45 seconds..
- Divide evenly into pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, test with toothpick, when comes out clean they are done..
- Grease and flour 2, 8 inch cake pans. Set aside..
- Let cool in pans 45 minutes..
- Frost with your favorite frosting..
This white cake made with everyday pantry staples of flour, eggs, butter, buttermilk, sugar, and vanilla is something everyone's calling delicious. It simply has an understated elegance about it. Once you have the basic white cake, there are endless variations you can make on it with icings and toppings. The cake itself is delicate and requires tender love and care in making it. Be the first to rate & review!