Steamed Ramen Dumplings.
Ingredients of Steamed Ramen Dumplings
- It’s of Dough (you could also buy premade gyoza wrappers).
- It’s 2 c of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 c of Water.
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 1 pack of ramen (any kind).
- It’s 6 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of water.
Steamed Ramen Dumplings instructions
- Put the flour into a bowl. In a separate container, combine the egg, salt and water. Create a well in the middle of the flour and pour in wet ingredients. Form into a dough, and knead for 3-5 minutes until smooth..
- Cover dough with a damp towel and let rest for at least 1 hour. (Letting the dough rest will make it easier to roll it thinly).
- Cut the dough in half. Dust your countertop with cornstarch (not flour). Roll out one half into approx. a 20”x10” rectangle. Cut into 5” squares. Dust generously with cornstarch before stacking sheets. Alternatively, you can split the dough into 10 sections and flatten with a pasta machine..
- Prepare the ramen as the package directs. Boil 5 eggs in a medium pot until hard boiled (8-10 minutes) and place in ice bath. Let them cool significantly so yolks solidify. Make sure not to cook the eggs too far as they will cook when the dumplings are steamed..
- Prepare an egg wash (1 egg + 1 tbsp water beaten together) and set aside..
- Lay out one dumpling wrapper. Lay cooked ramen on top, followed by half of an egg. It might help to cut the egg into four slices and lay two on top. Brush egg wash onto the edges of the wrapper and close by crimping the edges together and pinching off. Repeat with the rest of the dumplings..
- Steam the dumplings for 14-15 minutes in a steamer basket or electric steamer..