Lemper Ayam (Steamed Sticky Rice with Umami Chicken Layered). Easy to Make Sweet & Sour Chicken (Kuluyuk Ayam). In this recipe, we will be making Chicken Lemper, a traditional savoury Indonesian snack made with glutinous rice with shredded chicken filling and wrapped in coconut leaves. Lemper ayam is basically a steamed glutinous rice/sticky rice snack with chicken floss (or other savory) Steam the sticky/glutinous rice with salt, coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, daun salam, and pandan leaves.
Sticky rice with chicken filling, super delicious! But you'll need time and POUR a small layer of water in the medium-sized pan and add the rice into the sieve. MAKE a small pit in the middle of the rice and steam for half an hour. You can cook Lemper Ayam (Steamed Sticky Rice with Umami Chicken Layered) using 22 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemper Ayam (Steamed Sticky Rice with Umami Chicken Layered)
- You need of Steam sticky rice.
- Prepare 1 kg of sticky rice (washed and soaked in water for 3-4 hours before using it).
- It’s 1 L of coconut milk.
- You need 2 stalks of pandan leaves.
- Prepare 2 stalks of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Chicken filling.
- It’s 2 pcs of chicken breast (boiled with 2 pcs of kaffir lime leaves to remove the odor then shredded into small pieces).
- You need 8 cloves of shallots.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic.
- You need 3 pcs of candlenuts.
- Prepare 1 tbs of coriander seed.
- You need 100 ml of coconut milk (or you can replace it with chicken stock).
- It’s 2 pcs of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 1 stalk of lemongrass.
- You need 1 tbs of salt.
- You need 1 tbs of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s of Oil.
- You need of The wrap.
- It’s leaves of Banana.
- You need of Tooth pick.
Sort of sticky rice dumpling stuffed with stuffed shredded spiced chicken. Cook until of the coconut milk fully absorbed. Spread half of the sticky rice onto a box shaped cake mould, spread the chicken stuffing, and then spread the other half of the sticky rice on top of the. Ideally, you would steam the sticky rice.
Lemper Ayam (Steamed Sticky Rice with Umami Chicken Layered) instructions
- Put the soaked sticky rice into steamer and steam about 10-15 mins. Set aside. On other sauce pan, boil the coconut cream together with pandan leaves, bay leaves and a pinch of salt. Put the steamed sticky rice to the sauce pan and stir until it well mixed and all the sticky rice is covered by coconut milk. Then put back again to steamer and steam to another 40-50 minutes or until the rice well cooked. Set aside. Anyway, dont forget to brush your steamer with a bit of oil before steam the rice.
- Put shallot, garlic, candlenut, coriander seed on food processor, then add kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass with a bit of oil on fry pan, Sauté until smell good. Put the shredded chicken, add sugar, salt and white pepper, stir again. Last but not least, put coconut milk/chicken stock and stir again until the liquid runs dry. You have to make the chicken a bit dry in texture. Set aside..
- Put sticky rice on bottom, layered with chicken and sticky rice again on baking tray/pyrex, cool-off until a bit hard, cut-off into small square then wrap it one by one. As the rice very sticky, dont forget to brush any tools with oil even if you use baking paper like mine. And also brush your knive with oil too before cutting off the lemper.
If the rice is too mushy/overcooked, don't be afraid and just make your lemper! Set an oven on low heat and put the lemper until they dry out. Indonesian Sticky Rice with Spiced Chicken Floss. Sticky rice filled with a chicken ragout. Sort of sticky rice dumpling stuffed with shredded spiced chicken.