Mr Spock's Pasta Salad. Fresh and easy pasta salad packed with crisp vegetables, fresh mozzarella, and tossed with a simple dressing. Pasta salad is easy to make. The ingredients are simple and flexible, so you can make this when you are inundated by summer produce or you can adapt to what's in season in the fall and winter.
Pasta salad is great for summer cookouts and events, but it's also a delicious side dish salad any time of the year! Try one of these flavorful pasta salads with your next cookout or family meal. A nice balsamic vinegar and oil mixture with oregano, parsley and Parmesan whipped in. You can cook Mr Spock's Pasta Salad using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mr Spock's Pasta Salad
- It’s 1 box of Rainbow Rotini (12 Oz ).
- It’s 1 can of garbanzo beans (15.5 oz).
- It’s 1 can of 3 bean salad (15 oz).
- Prepare 1 can of sliced olives ( 4 oz ).
- It’s 1 packages of hormel pepperoni minis (5 oz).
- You need 1 packages of Colby jack cheese (8 oz).
- You need 16 oz of Italian salad dressing (16 oz ) 1 bottle.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
It compliments this hearty salad, with its robust ingredients – salami, pepperoni, Asiago cheese This is an excellent recipe and one woman at our party said it was going to be her pasta salad recipe from now on. Simple pasta salad with smoked salmon, orange bell peppers, celery, green onions, lemon juice, and mayonnaise. I take no credit for the idea; I shamelessly reproduced the recipe from a lovely pasta salad I had at a friend's house the other day. It must be my dad's midwestern roots taking hold in me.
Mr Spock's Pasta Salad step by step
- Bring water to boil in pot and add rainbow rotini. Cook Rotini pasta until tender. (10 minutes ) Drain water from pasta through strainer. Return pasta to pot..
- Add garbanzo beans, 3 bean salad and olives into the pasta ( drain liquid from cans before adding ) and mix them into the pasta..
- Add in pepperoni bits and mix in.
- Cut and cube the block of Colby jack cheese and mix into salad.
- Add Italian dressing to taste. ( I usually use 3/4 of the bottle or better ).
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar and mix. Helps to soften the Italian dressing..
- Refrigerate and let set over night. The pasta will soak in the dressing nicely..
Shrimp, Lemon & Gemelli Party Pasta Salad Recipe. Pasta salad is truly as easy as boiling water if you stick to a simple formula, use a smart pasta cooling trick, and a flavorful dressing. Remember that the pasta will plump as it cooks, and you want pasta salad to have a generous combination of pasta and vegetables in each bite. Explore tasty pasta salad recipes from My Food and Family! Our pasta salad recipes are ideal for rounding out a cookout menu that includes grilled chicken breasts, BBQ pork chops, grilled shrimp—grilled and BBQ'd anything, really!