Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice. Great recipe for Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice. Rendang is an Indonesian spicy red meat dish originating from the Minangkabau people of Indonesia. It has spread across Indonesia to the cuisines of neighboring Southest Asian countries.
This article is part of the series on. Indonesia portal Food portal. v. t. e. Rendang is a Minangkabau dish originating from the Minangkabau region in West. You can have Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice
- It’s of rendang :.
- Prepare 1 kg of beef no fat.
- It’s 3 tbsp of oil.
- You need 400 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 of lemongrass.
- You need 5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 4 tbsp of desiccated coconut (koya kelapa).
- You need 2 cm of galangal.
- Prepare 8 of shallots.
- You need 10-15 of red chilies.
- Prepare 5 of candlenuts.
- You need 5-6 of dry cloves and 4 dried cardamoms.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of palm sugar.
- You need To taste of beef stock powder.
- You need 2 packets of Indofood Rendang paste.
- You need of Water.
- It’s of Yellow Rice:.
- You need 3 cups of rice.
- Prepare 4 cups of mixed water and coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 of Indonesian bay leaves.
- You need 1 of lemongrass.
- You need To taste of chicken stock powder.
Indonesian Curry Rice's nasi kuning has a very mild coconut flavour, which was not what I expected as the usual nasi lemak has a very strong fragrant coconut flavour. After coating the rice with some beef rendang curry, I realised that the beefy curry complemented the mildly-flavoured yellow rice perfectly. This yellow rice or Indonesian calls 'Nasi Kuning' usually only serves for festive occasion and shaped into a cone with different sidedish. Put rice, turmeric water and all other ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
Indonesian Rendang and Yellow Rice step by step
- Cut beef into bite sized cubes.
- Boil chilies, shallots,garlics about 5 minutes and remove from the pan.
- Blend boiled chili, shallot, garlic and candlenut, set aside.
- Smash galangal and lemongrass.
- Now how to make desiccated coconut or koya, first toast the coconut in a frying pan till golden brown and then when it cold down blend it..
- When all are ready, pan fry beef untill golden brown and remove from the pan. Next step, Fry all ingredients untill fragrant and put in beef, stir and mix well, add coconut milk and some water,palm sugar, koya or desiccated coconut, and bring it to boil. Cover pan and turn into small fire, cook about 2,5 hours, during the process stir it somtime so that not sticky on the pan. add beef stock powder and taste it,, and Rendang is ready to serve.
- How to make yellow rice ? Use rice cooker is easier and faster, first wash 3 cups of rice, count water and coconut into 4 cups, smash lemongrass.
- Put rice in rice cooker add water and coconut, lemongrass, turmeric, bay leaves and chicken powder. Mix well. Turn on rice cooker and press cooking. 10 minut before it done, mix the rice again so that all colour and ingredients are mix well. Wait untill cooking process is done..
- When all have done, serve Rendang and Yellow rice,, and it is amazing, hope you enjoy to cook and love this food, :).
Cover and bring to the boil over moderate heat. Authentic beef rendang recipe from Minangkabau, Indonesia. You can recreate this world's best Introducing the best rendang- rendang minang from Sumatra. Beef rendang is one of the original Beef rendang is best eaten with steamed rice and condiments such as fried onions and chili pieces. Indonesian yellow rice called Nasi Kuning is a delicious staple food.