Pumpkin Bread. Whisk together the sugar and oil in a large bowl until well combined. Whisk in the eggs and pumpkin until combined. You may choose to substitute dried cranberries or blueberries for the raisins and walnuts or other nuts for the pecans to add variety.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder,. You can frost it, fill it with chocolate chips, or top it with streusel, but no matter which way you make it, pumpkin bread is one of our favorite fall treats. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. You can have Pumpkin Bread using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Bread
- It’s 3 1/2 cups (420 g) of all purpose flour (I use cake flour).
- You need 1 1/2 cups (300 g) of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 g) of salt.
- You need 2 teaspoons of (10g)baking soda.
- You need 3 tsp (15 g) of pumpkin pie spice (or 2 tsp cinnamon, 3/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/8 tsp cloves, 1/8 tsp ground ginger)).
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can (424 g) of pure pumpkin puree (about 1 3/4 cup).
- It’s 5 of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup (240 ml) of canola oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (120 ml) of water (can use Coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk…).
- You need of Optional.
- You need 1 cup (240 ml) of raisins.
- Prepare 1 cup (240 ml) of Toasted Pumpkin Seeds.
- You need 1 cup (240 ml) of walnuts.
Combine dry ingredients; gradually stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Pumpkin bread tastes so quintessentially of the fall, with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and molasses. Use canned or homemade pumpkin purée. In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt.
Pumpkin Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C) degrees. Grease 2 loaf pans (23 cm x 13 cm)..
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spices)..
- Mix wet ingredients (egg, pumpkin puree, oil, water..
- Combine the dry into the wet, 1/3 at a time, being careful not to over mix! (Or you will have tough bread!) Add raisin and mix..
- Pour batter into two loaf pans. Top one with walnuts and top the other with Pumpkin seeds..
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 50- 60mins..
- Cool in rack..
- Make a fantastic hostess gift if you’re traveling to someone’s house for Thanksgiving..
How to make pumpkin bread Begin by combining the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. I like to add everything in neat little piles in case I lose track of what I've added. Add eggs and melted butter and beat to combine, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. With mixer on low, add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with the buttermilk and beginning and ending with the flour; beat to combine. Whenever we have a company gathering, this pumpkin bread is one of the first things to disappear.