Chicken Pad Thai. For the sauce: Stir together the fish sauce, brown sugar, tamarind, sriracha and lime juice in a small bowl until well combined. For the stir fry: Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over. Combine fish sauce, agave syrup, lime juice, and garlic in a bowl and set aside.
It is a tangy and delicious combination of noodles, vegetables, and chicken or shrimp all tossed in a sweet and sour sauce with a little bit of spice. This recipe is a fast and easy version of traditional pad Thai, but maintains the authentic taste. Pad Thai is a Thai noodle stir fry with a sweet-savoury-sour sauce scattered with crushed peanuts. You can cook Chicken Pad Thai using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Pad Thai
- It’s 8 ounces of Pad Thai noodles.
- It’s 4 1/2 tablespoons of Asian fish sauce.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 4 1/2 ounces of cup fresh lime juice,.
- Prepare 1-2 of Thai chili’-seeded stemmed and thinly sliced.
- It’s of (…Note you may want to mix up a little extra sauce…..:).
- You need 3 ounces of canola oil.
- Prepare 3 of large shallots, thinly sliced (1 cup).
- It’s 3 of large garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- It’s 12 ounces of Chicken breast cut into 1/4 inch strips- (dust with the ¼ cup of corn starch -shake off excess).
- It’s 3 ounces of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 2 of scallions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 ounces of chopped roasted peanuts- chopped.
- You need 3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1 cup of bean sprouts.
It's made with thin, flat rice noodles, and almost always has bean sprouts, garlic chives, scrambled egg, firm tofu and a protein – the most popular being chicken or prawns/shrimp. First prepare the rice noodles by bringing a large pot of water to a boil.; Add the rice noodles to the pot and remove the pot from the heat. Rice noodles – you can find these in the Asian foods section of the grocery store. I usually use A Taste of Thai brand.
Chicken Pad Thai instructions
- Cook the noodles for 6 minutes rinse with cold water and place in a bowl. (check the brand directions we cooked the minimum…some have you soak them and not cook).
- In a small bowl, whisk the fish sauce, light brown sugar, salt, lime juice and chilies..
- In an omelet pan add 2 tablespoons of oil, and add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until nearly set, about 1 minute. Break up into small penny size pieces..
- In a large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons of the oil until shimmering.
- Add the shallots and garlic and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes then add the dusted with corn starch chicken cook, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes to brown. (Add more oil if need).
- Add everything together stir-fry until the noodles are evenly coated, 2 to 3 minutes.(if you cook cook to long you lose flavor as the sauce cooks off. as noted above you can mix up extra sauce if desired).
- Garnish with additional lime wedges, cilantro and chopped peanuts and bean sprouts.
Chicken breasts or shrimp – this makes it hearty and adds protein. Tofu can also be used here as well. Vegetable oil – used for sautéing.; Brown sugar – to sweeten the sauce. This is added instead of the traditional palm sugar. Heat butter in a wok or large heavy skillet.