Red rava upma (goduma rava upma). Great recipe for Red rava upma (goduma rava upma). Its a famous southindian upma made with wheat rava which is dark brown in color and texture is just like normal idly rava. Same as sooji upma only difference is we need to add more water here as red rava is hard so to make is soft & fully.
The fresh lemon juice squeezed on top of hot upma is all kinds of awesome. Godhumai rava upma is a staple breakfast at home, filling and nutritious with vegetables added to it. As wheat rava (godhumai rava is not refined, it has more nutrition in it comparatively to rava (Semolina). You can cook Red rava upma (goduma rava upma) using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red rava upma (goduma rava upma)
- You need 1 cup of red rava.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 of Slit green chillies.
- It’s 2 of Red chiiles.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Roasted peanuts.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Urad dal.
- You need 2 tsp of Chana dal.
- Prepare of Curry leaves few.
- Prepare of Salt as per taste.
- You need of Oil 4 tsp (big).
- It’s of Ginger 1 inch cut into small pieces.
- It’s of Onions 1 medium.
- You need 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
I started liking godhuma rava upma only after I started cooking. Now too many of my family members don't prefer godhuma rava upma. Wheat rava upma ( Godhuma rava upma in Tamil, Broken wheat rava/ cracked wheat rava or samba wheat rava in English ) is a healthy, easy to make breakfast & dinner recipe. I make it at least once in a week for our dinner using pressure cooker in an easy way.
Red rava upma (goduma rava upma) step by step
- Take a vok add oil & peanuts & chana dal roast them for a minute then add mustard seeds, urad dal..
- Aftrr that add curry leaves slit green chillis red chllis whole & ginegr- onion pieces.saute it till it is turns translucent..
- Add salt then later add chilli powder..
- Add water and close with the lid & wait till wtarr comes to boil..
- Remove the lid & when qater is boiling add red rava slowly but keep mixing.& then close lid for 2 – 3 minutes..
- Then check and switch off the stove..
- Ready to serve. Can add sugar and pickle mostly southindians eat with ginger pickle 😋😋.
- (Can add raosted cashews qhile roasting peanuts) i didnt used..
Sundaikkai Godumai Rava Upma Recipe is a simple broken wheat upma which is made with Sundaikkai. Sundaikkai or Turkey berries are very good for health particularly very good for blood sugar control. Serve Sundaikkai Godumai Rava Upma Recipe along with South Indian Coconut Chutney and Masala Chai for a healthy and filling breakfast. How to Make Godhuma Rava Upma Recipe: First stir fry wheat rava for a minute till it changes its color, by doing so the aroma of this recipe enhances. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and onions.